'69 cuda suspension

-

agarcia5

Reaction score
Alright how is everyone doing? It's been quite a while since I post here, but i know that there is an amazing bunch of people here that are great and full of knowledge (still learning). I have a '69 Barracuda fastback.

So here is my question......

I want to install some SS Leaf Springs, bushings, torsion bars, controlarms, shocks, ....pretty much work on the suspension.

What do you all recommend, store, parts dealer, brand,etc???

I really appreaciate your help and assistance. THANKS

Arturo

First 2 questions….. What will you use the car for? What are your expectations from the suspension?

Those will really help us point you in a direction.

For the front end, I'd suggest you first decide on poly or rubber. For me, I decided on rubber. [The 'Green Brick' article in 'Mopar Action' magazine was a contributing factor.]

If you want poly, PST looks like a good bet. They are an advertiser here and their logo is probably on your screen now.

I purchased MOOG components from "Rock Auto". Just google them. I was very satisfied with the quality and service.

For the front end, I'd suggest you first decide on poly or rubber. For me, I decided on rubber. [The 'Green Brick' article in 'Mopar Action' magazine was a contributing factor.]

If you want poly, PST looks like a good bet. They are an advertiser here and their logo is probably on your screen now.

I purchased MOOG components from "Rock Auto". Just google them. I was very satisfied w v ith the quality and service.

Thanks I appreciate your input

First 2 questions….. What will you use the car for? What are your expectations from the suspension?

Those will really help us point you in a direction.

First it's for street use
Second I want something that helps with the handling when driving.

First it's for street use
Second I want something that helps with the handling when driving.

This is why I asked.

I would go new rubber bushings (Moog).

1" Torsion bars.

New Shocks (KYB)

XHD Springs. SS Springs are made for drag racing and not a good choice for street/handling use.

Stock Control Arms.

Quality Alignment.

If you are upgrading your tire/wheel package to something performance oriented (16"+ Wheels) You may want to look into polly bushings and other mods.

I went with PST poly bushings up front and added 340 torsion bars (.870) and an Addco 1 1/8 sway bar. Cut my bump stops on the LCA in half and the car is pretty low. I went with SS springs on the rear with Poly bushings again and flipped the front hangers. KYB shocks on the front and some cheapos are still on the back from when I bought the car. I think it handles great even with the 383 instead of the slant.

100_0606.jpg

This is why I asked.

I would go new rubber bushings (Moog).

1" Torsion bars.

New Shocks (KYB)

XHD Springs. SS Springs are made for drag racing and not a good choice for street/handling use.

Stock Control Arms.

Quality Alignment.

If you are upgrading your tire/wheel package to something performance oriented (16"+ Wheels) You may want to look into polly bushings and other mods.

Thank you I appreciate your help

-
Back