69 Dart 360 exhaust

-

shep76

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 69 dart with a 360 and power steering. Currently I have the 273/318 2780945 exhaust manifolds on it. Are the expensive 2863549/2863553 340 manifolds my only option? I do not want headers. Will those 68-70 340 headers work with power steering? Sorry, I know there are a few threads on here regarding this but was still kind of confused. I guess the second question, am I wasting time/money by changing manifolds? As far as I can tell its a fairly stock motor. Thank you

Worth it is an opinion, depends on if you plan on doing more mods in the future. Why not use the 74-76 360 A-Body manifolds? They are much cheaper and flow pretty well...
Thank you. Will those fit without mods? Work with power steering? Very true, "worth it" is subjective. My plans are a 375/400 hp motor max. I'm all mixed up on the casting numbers, just don't want to order the wrong ones.

Thank you. Will those fit without mods? Work with power steering? Very true, "worth it" is subjective. My plans are a 375/400 hp motor max. I'm all mixed up on the casting numbers, just don't want to order the wrong ones.
Yes, power steering was available and not much was changed from 67-76 in that aspect.

Worth it is an opinion, depends on if you plan on doing more mods in the future. Why not use the 74-76 360 A-Body manifolds? They are much cheaper and flow pretty well... [FOR SALE] - 1972-74 OEM 340/360 HP exhaust manifold set

I used these manifolds on my 69 360 barracuda. They work great. I have power steering and brakes. I used stock exhaust pipes I ordered from Waldron. You just have to make sure you order the head pipes for manifolds you are using if you go that route.

The 72 to 74 manifolds are the ones I used. I am not sure about the 75-76.

the early manifolds will fit and more importantly will support 400hp if that's in your future plans. the added bonus is that you can call up accurate or tti and get the stock headpipes to stab right into the existing exhaust or, even better build off of with one of their complete kits.

that would be my play.

Just another data point, but I found Waldron was half price of accurate a years back. Small family run outfit with a few month flowtime, but the quality was great. Shipped the full length pipes fastenal.

If you're going to more power later anyway, if it was me;
I would get the 340 ones, cuz later, to get your power-numbers, you will for sure need headers, and
then you can sell the 340 manifolds for the same or more than what you paid for them. Whereas, selling the less popular logs, bought from a store, you will take a hit on them.
My opinion is all.

oh and BTW, yes the 340 logs work with power-steering.

-
Back