69 Dart arm rests in a 67?

-
What I do and don't know... I know the 67 door has rectangles cut in the door where a fancy steel clip was placed to draw the armrest base mounting screws at an angle.
Later models have the 2 screws through the pad and they draw at a different angle to a round hole drilled in the door like a common sheet metal screw does ( fancy clip deleted ). I suspect screw length is different also.
I haven't tried to mount later model armrests and bases on a 67 door so I don't know if it can be done.
Now if I was bound and determined, I would remove the fancy clips from the doors. Fill those rectangle openings, drill holes in my filler.

i have the 69 style in my 67 without any modifications to anything. I may of had to get a couple longer screws from the hardware store but i do not remember exactly.

i have the 69 style in my 67 without any modifications to anything. I may of had to get a couple longer screws from the hardware store but i do not remember exactly.

So there you have it. I was thinking the screws and angle of those clips would draw the armrest and base up higher and possibly interfere with can opener operation.

-
Back