69 Dart convertible door and vent glass

-

Kevin Ed

Reaction score
Hi ,
I need to buy door and vent glass for my 69 Dart GTS convertible. Does anyone know if the hardtop door glass is the same as the convertible?

Half and HALF.

The door glass is not. The 'vert door side glass is unique to the 'verts. However it IS the same for all three years (67,68 and 69) AND is ALSO the same as the Barracuda convertible.

Vent window glass IS however the same.

ALSO be aware that there is Tinted and non-tinted glass. Hope that help a bit.

Yes, vent glass is the same. Door glass has a bevel that starts about 10-12" from about 2/3rds of the front and goes down from the top about 1/8". Hard to describe it but if you use standard hardtop glass it could hit the top frame and may shatter eventually...

Very much appreciated guys, Now that I know does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase? With the door glass only being for 3 years I'm wondering if I will have trouble sourcing them?

Very much appreciated guys, Now that I know does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase? With the door glass only being for 3 years I'm wondering if I will have trouble sourcing them?
They are difficult to source, not sure if I have any extra's laying around but I will check. Hardtop glass can be ground down, but you must find someone who knows what they are doing. One day I should take measurements...LOL

Used you might try Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Oregon or Eddie Coombs on the East Coast (biz card attached) he does this part time and is on the FABO list as @barracudakid Great guy...there are probably others. If you want new I can only think MAYBE ECS Auto...

PXL_20230909_010637264.jpg

Looking for used? Start a wanted thread here on the site.

They are difficult to source, not sure if I have any extra's laying around but I will check. Hardtop glass can be ground down, but you must find someone who knows what they are doing. One day I should take measurements...LOL
I would really appreciate that sir. To say everything about building this car has been a challenge would be fair but i'm not complaining. Finding the proper glass may take some time and no doubt my bank account is going to hate me even more than it does now but..................only live once and i'm only doing this once!!! Lol

-
Back