69 Dart Convertible SAVED FROM THE Grave

-

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
I put some pictures up here I hope you like them. I have more at www.dartmanclassic.com

In case anybody needs to see the skeleton of their own project let me know I took hundreds of pix. This week I'll install the firewall, floor, dropdowns, frame rail, cross member.. Friendly Advise is always welcome.. this is my 1st project it took me 60 years to get off my butt. Thanks FABO....:coffee2:

Attachments

• Floor 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 859
  • Mid 1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 871
  • Mid 0 PN 23-32-24.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 845
  • Floor 6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 865
  • Floor 5.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 887
  • Floor 2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 868
  • Mid 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 861
  • Mid 3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 852
  • Trunk 1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 868
  • Trunk 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 863
I don't know much about body work but I'm thinking HEAVY DUTY subframe connectors!!!!

LOL

PLEASE post photos and updates to this thread. VERY interestin'

I'm curious if black armrests are correct for a car with white interior. My convertible had black armrests too but I assumed they were changed out. They look so out of place.

Good work so far. That thing needs a lot of help.

That is some project you've got! Good luck to you. It looks like it will be extremely nice once you get rid of the rot.

No arm rests! THATS RUST LOL.. All kidding aside it was white leather one of the doors was changed..

The rust on the back and bottom all the way to the "a" piller is now gone and replaced the top parts will be done Probably next year...

Thanks for your comments..Cool..

Don't forget torque boxes and subframe connectors.

Thanks for your guidence, I put the back TBs in (After market) from Safe T Caps They are made very strong...The subframe connectors I have and I think I will be installing them after the floor this week (AC after carslile) Front TB next. I would have put pictures in this site sooner but DUH! I only really figured out how to do it today..

What are you going/planning to do suspension and engine/tranny wise? If you don't have the floor in, how is the best time to mock up if you wanna run anything other than stock say a 6 speed tranny (auto or manual).

I would love a 5-6 speed but Right now I have two 4 speeds that came out of a 340 Cuda.... I also have the pedals, column, zbar & brackets..Money is tight because of all the NEW metal. I will, though get some prices from carslile this weekend...
I figure another 2 years.. I am working outside in the driveway...MAN it's been getting hot even with the pop up tent...

By the way does anybody have an 69 A body drivers side front frame rail that they do not want to use as a paper weight?

here is what I did to connect my frame. My 70 started as a hard top.
Jim

Attachments

• 100_1400.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 745
  • 100_1396.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 731
  • 100_1387.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 744
  • 0630131848.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 741
Excellent idea! Full frame subframe connectors in a straight line...great. Idea can I have your permission to steal that idea?

Excellent idea! Full frame subframe connectors in a straight line...great. Idea can I have your permission to steal that idea?

Sure you didn't have to ask. I hope all is going well with it. I'm been working on mine for a while. If you click on my link below it will take you to my build.
Jim

Dayum .......that is some serious metal work.Keep it up and please post lots of pics,(we like lots of pics)Good luck..............................................jeff:cheers:

FYI all! I was looking into putting a 6 speed. But one of the experts at tremec told me the 6 speed is very large and would need the crossmember changed. But as you know if get rid of the crossmember I lose the torsion bars and that means I need to change the front end to coil overs.. WHAT A CAN OF WORMS! I guess back to 4 speed or maybe 5..

FYI all! I was looking into putting a 6 speed. But one of the experts at tremec told me the 6 speed is very large and would need the crossmember changed. But as you know if get rid of the crossmember I lose the torsion bars and that means I need to change the front end to coil overs.. WHAT A CAN OF WORMS! I guess back to 4 speed or maybe 5..

That's a bunch of bs. You can reinforce the area and be just fine. 72bbswinger (name?) has a 6 speed manual in his car, he even has an install thread.

-
Back