69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
Well I did all the final cutting and polishing on the kick down bell crank. Assuming I have all the geometry correct, I should not have to take it back off. Wish me luck.

IMG_3109.JPG

Finally today I got the TTI 1 7/8" primary headers (#TTI340A17835-C5). It took 2 weeks to get em. Thats a lot of tube for a non race application but I wanted the motor to make as close to the Dyno numbers as possible at the crank. I had to angle the oil filter towards the back for clearance. Other than that looks like all clears. We'll see once the car is down on it. I know I will have to shorten the floor shifter support bracket to account for the 3 1/2" collectors. I'll mount the starter and flex plate cover tomorrow. Getting closer to dropping the car on the drive train.

View attachment 1714692753

View attachment 1714692754

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.jpg

This weekend I painted and installed mostly small stuff. I had my ACE helper glass beading for me and I was priming and painting small stuff. We got the glove box door hinge painted, the shifter and kick down levers painted, installed the windshield washer nozzles and hoses (still waiting on the washer reservoir), and put on the hood to radiator seal. I also made a list of things needed to complete the car. Give or take a hundred things, about ninety-five more and were home free....

View attachment 1714695687

View attachment 1714695688

View attachment 1714695689

View attachment 1714695690

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

Had some time to go out to the shop today, so I started mounting all the washer hoses solid and installed the 70 up, washer reservoir. Now I know it's not correct for the 69's, but I tend to think Ma Mopar screwed up on this one. The 69 downs, had the outlet of the reservoir pointing towards the front of the car in which case the hose had to be looped backwards towards the firewall. I liked the 70 up's because the outlets were facing the firewall, much cleaner hose routing. I'll get to the hood to cowl seal tomorrow,
Martin

IMG_3194.JPG

Last edited:
Martin this car is coming out incredible.

You will have an amazing car when you're done.

P.S. good to have the helper around.. keep it up :)

Martin this car is coming out incredible.

You will have an amazing car when you're done.

P.S. good to have the helper around.. keep it up :)

Thanks "V",
and I agree its good having your kids around, I really enjoy having my son working with me on the Dart. No matter what happens, he always looks on the bright side and brings a smile to my face. I love my son...

Well I've started installing the Classic Auto Air unit in an effort to make sure all is finished on the firewall. I still have not gotten the stainless plate I'm having made to cover the blower motor hole yet, maybe any time now. I blocked off the fresh air vent on the passenger side, and started to mount the unit only to find that the mounting pad on the unit should fit right where the factory AC blower motor was (the AC blower motors are larger than non AC motors), so I''m going to have to fabricate a new mounting point under the dash. All and all, I don't think it's going to be to bad though. I want have time to start that until next friday.

View attachment 1714699516

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

Wow Martin, I have been drooling and watching this build and learning allot as this
piece of art comes together :color: what a great build sir :cheers:
Thank you for taking the time to share this build for us =P~

Wow Martin, I have been drooling and watching this build and learning allot as this
piece of art comes together :color: what a great build sir :cheers:
Thank you for taking the time to share this build for us =P~

Memike,
I really appreciate your kind words. This will probably be my last go round on a complete build, and I'm trying hard to make it my best. I hope you and others on FABO will enjoy my trip.
Martin

Well the small interior parts are finally starting to trickle in from the paint shop. Today I got the Steering column cover, dash vents, battery tray brace, and ignition switch bezel back. I should have the steering column and dash frame and glove box door, by the weekend. My plans are to completely assemble the dash before installing it in the car, so I'll set up a bench and start assembly with pics as I go.

IMG_3220.JPG

Awesome build, attention to detail but looking at a green dash and green upper and lower door portions would be hard on my eyes.

Mark,
Yea, I get what your saying, and that's cool, but look at it like this, how many 67-69's have you seen with a body color dash, interior door tops etc.. 99% are black which is great and I love that in a restored car, but I'm doing a restification and trying to build a car that will stand out in your mind as being different. I want to step outside the box a little on this one. Please don't think I'm P/O, because that is surely not the case, just wanted to let you know why I'm building it this way.
Thanks,
Martin

Mark, as always awesome workmanship. I like the fact that you are putting some color on the inside, I myself am planning to do the same with my black interior, incorporating the body color to the interior ties everything together in my opinion.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I really appreciate it. If I a can help you with your car, just drop me a line.
Martin

Mark,
Yea, I get what your saying, and that's cool, but look at it like this, how many 67-69's have you seen with a body color dash, interior door tops etc.. 99% are black which is great and I love that in a restored car, but I'm doing a restification and trying to build a car that will stand out in your mind as being different. I want to step outside the box a little on this one. Please don't think I'm P/O, because that is surely not the case, just wanted to let you know why I'm building it this way.
Thanks,
Martin

Martin,
Might have to wear sunglasses even when the sun isn't shining. Lookin forward to more progress pix. As mentioned earlier, great attention to detail.

Martin,
Might have to wear sunglasses even when the sun isn't shining. Lookin forward to more progress pix. As mentioned earlier, great attention to detail.

Mark you are a hoot, and thanks for the encouragement, but "the future's so bright I gotta wear shades"......anyway. By the way, is your darts color code "Y2"?
Martin

-
Back