69 dart GT GTS convertible(not mine)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you should say that 65Val, several months back I picked up a 66 Signet 273 4speed car which has a flat black engine compartment and had its shackles reversed like many I've seen in the past. Car came from a Mopar family as second owners. I am thankful it didn't have a whip antenna to go with the visual rear end. I'm a car guy and always have been and I'd be damned like the rest of the purists if I ever had to drive a Chrysler front wheel drive car during the almost 20 years Chrysler ignored us..

Its so hard for me to lie down and die over a simple solution...

Honestly, the car is probably worth the asking price.
But with all the money he spent on restoring/restifying it, don't you think that they could have done more in the engine compartment than pop riveting some patches over the holes in the inner fenders and spraying it black?
It looks like they spent a lot of money on it, why not spend a few extra dollars and do it right?
It's still a beautiful car though........
Thanks for sharing.

That car is a GT cloned into a GTS!!

Yup... I guess I gave my white 69 318 auto, console, bucket seat, drop top GT away for $9000 (white rust free Fl car) was in Carlisle 3 yrs. ago. It took me 2 yrs to get that. No one, buying cars in Maine rite now. No jobs, low wages, high taxes. People are more worried about staying warm and holding on to what they have. Cars are the least of most peoples concern. For 20K they should have patched the inner fenders rite and jammed under the hood. JMO..

I think the only thing ''cloned'' on this car to a GTS from a GT is the hood and the engine.
There are no stripes or other emblems on the car aside from the hood that would make anyone think otherwise.
I agree, the ''i did it'' column looks bogus to me, as well as the inner fender patches and black paint in the engine compartment.
It's still a nice car nevertheless, and you probably couldn't build it for the asking price.
just sayin........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back