69 Dart GTS 340

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this car at Spring Fling. I wondered why it sat low with that nasty stance to it. Anyway I heard it run, watched it drive and looked at it real close. If I didn't have a 69 Dart already I would pay $18k for the car and drive it like it is. What vinyl roof car doesn't have rust under the c pillar. Mine does. I'll get it fixed someday. but my car, just like this one is perfect for me. No its not a show car but for 99% of the population it will turn heads and think it is. Most people think mine is. Have you seen the POS's 74 dart Sports with no paint, interior and a /6(not knocking the /6 guys)asking $5K? If the 340 block has T/A stamped on it then its a done deal. Good luck on your sale. People have to see it before they comment on it. You described it the way I saw it. oh..and I don't think it needs a paint job. Yet. Keep it garaged. It'll last another 5 years. And still look good.

Dude, you're coming across as angry and desperate.....I don't know why. If you want to really see what it's worth (not just what you think it's worth), stick on Ebay with a reserve of $17K or $20K, whatever. I'll tell you one thing, green cars automatically sell for less (usually). But I'm still seeing different brands of classic 60's and 70's cars selling for $20K to $35K on Ebay, so there's still people out there willing to spend for the right car.

I can see how you would see me as angry. I'm not, just frustrated by those who make comments based on minimum knowledge. It is MY problem and I need to get over it. You read about people getting excited over a project car you KNOW they are going to have to spend a TON of $$$ to get even near where this car is from a mechanical perspective and all this car needs is a paint job and they will be past where they can get on the project for less $$. Not saying a proper paint job is cheap, just stating reality.
As far as desperate goes I am no where near that. I do not HAVE to sell this car. I simply do not have space for it. I really hate the thought of selling it but I know someone else will get a lot more enjoyment out of it than I can moving forward.
I appreciate your input.

Hey Darius,

We sat next to you on the picnic tables at Spring Fling. Surprised it didn't sell. At the time you had a guy that was coming back with the cash. We walked by the car in the swap and my first reaction to the car was "kinda high but nice car, it's at a swap meet". I didn't really read the sign you had on it. Then after we talked and you told us what was done to it, I thought "Damn, wish I had the cash, I'd be driving this thing back north to the Bay Area." Seemed to me to be the perfect driver, I wouldn't be terrified of scratching it but would have lots of fun with it. GLWS.

Be Patient but also be smart about the market value.

I had my Demon for sale for over a year. I tried to get back what I thought was fair based on what I had spent and knowing you could not build the car for what I was asking. In the end, its only worth what someone else is willing to spend.

After a year on this website and others, and lowering my expectations ($).
I got a phone call one night and sold the car 2 weeks later.

It is now 2 miles from my house and actually being driven.

This car will be in the "corral" this Saturday ...the 22nd of June... at "Mopars in the Park" in Ranch Cordova (Sacramento). Perfect opportunity to have a look in person if you are considering it.
www.capitalcitymopars.com for details and directions.

This market is ridiculous, I can't believe this car is still for sale! I sure wish I had got it, instead of the pile of **** I bought!

This car will be in the "corral" this Saturday ...the 22nd of June... at "Mopars in the Park" in Ranch Cordova (Sacramento). Perfect opportunity to have a look in person if you are considering it.
www.capitalcitymopars.com for details and directions.

My 62,000 mile, matching number, 68 Barracuda, 340, 4 speed, Formula S, fastback has been for sale for about 2 years.

Takes time if you want your asking price.

What equal comparison? I said these cars take time to sell, and they do at the higher asking prices.

Yes I agree they do take time, but you chimed in mentioning your specs, and my bad it sure sounds like a comparison to me.

For what yours needs it probably coulda been sold 10 times over if as you put it...were "motivated". Nice cuda tho!

Yes I agree they do take time, but you chimed in mentioning your specs, and my bad it sure sounds like a comparison to me.

For what yours needs it probably coulda been sold 10 times over if as you put it...were "motivated". Nice cuda tho!

Oh no. Not a comparison. Just trying to let the OP know to be patient. It will happen, just takes time.

My 62,000 mile, matching number, 68 Barracuda, 340, 4 speed, Formula S, fastback has been for sale for about 2 years.

Takes time if you want your asking price.

Why do you want to sell? I thought you loved that car.

Why do you want to sell? I thought you loved that car.

Well, this is really for another thread.

But.....

I don't care about the car. Had it for 8 years. Maybe put 1000 miles on it. Lost a roller lifter about 5 years ago. Took almost 4 years to even get interested in fixing it.

Been just about ready to run for over a year.

I honestly have more fun fart knocking around in my wife's low milage, green, 4 door, 73 Dart.

Hey Darius,

I decided to keep the wagon for now. Took the "For Sale" sign off last Saturday. I guess I got tired of the lookie loos, tire kickers and the game players. If someone wants it bad enough then I'll give them the time but until then I'll just drive it. Here's the new look.

Attachments

• SAM_0903.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 393
I'd drive that wagon John. It is an awesome car! Now you don't have signs in it someone will ask you if it is for sale probably.

Bump
This is my 1st of the month bump up. I am seriously considering taking this car to Hot August Nights. BJ will be there so maybe more buyers than usual. Anyone ever had a car for sale at HAN? Input/comments appreciated.

Be Patient but also be smart about the market value.

I had my Demon for sale for over a year. I tried to get back what I thought was fair based on what I had spent and knowing you could not build the car for what I was asking. In the end, its only worth what someone else is willing to spend.

After a year on this website and others, and lowering my expectations ($).
I got a phone call one night and sold the car 2 weeks later.

It is now 2 miles from my house and actually being driven.

Read this whole thread,and this seems to be the best answer,and it was completely overlooked.

Patience Grasshopper.......YOU have the GTS,they DON'T.
This is a very desirable A body. Post it as many places as you can.
Eventually someone will see it,and drive it home. Patience.

Bumping this back up from page 3. I will have this car at the swap meet in Sacramento (Arco arena) on the 4th of August if you are planning on going there or stopping on your way to Hot August Nights in Reno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back