69 Dart lock supposed to open when door shuts?

-

standup303

Reaction score
I can push the inside lock down with the door open, close the door, and it doesn’t lock….the inside lock pushes back up about 1/2 way. Can only lock if door is shut, from the inside or from the outside with the key. Both doors are like this. Is this how they are supposed to be?

I think it changed in 73 due to the key warning buzzer was added to the vehicles.

I think I remember a Duster that You had to hold the Button in while you closed the door to lock it.
Is that the case or is my memory wrong?

I think I remember a Duster that You had to hold the Button in while you closed the door to lock it.
Is that the case or is my memory wrong?
If I remember correctly, you can't push the button in. You have to lock it with the key from the outside.

67 is the way you say for your 69.

I thought at some point they changed that.

Seems like I recall 69???? it was changed to the push down before you shut the door to lock the door.

Seems like I recall that the latch assy can be changed from some later year to earlier and gain the functionality

This is weird.
It reminds me of how the woman gains weight right after you say I LOVE YOU.
How do you fix that one?

This is weird.
It reminds me of how the woman gains weight right after you say I LOVE YOU.
How do you fix that one?

tequila.jpg

Ya door has to be shut for the lock to engage. Might be time to get some remote locks.
No one asked, I realize that but just in case some did decide to put remote locks in.
I installed a set of remote/keyless entry electric door locks about 5 years ago.
The set was for a four door and I figured if the passenger side died I would have a spare.
The driver side is the main control, so it is not replaceable by one of the other servos.
If you use that door lock button manually the passenger door follows.

The kit was less than 20 bucks, but putting them in is the PIA.
Each door and jamb has to have holes drilled for the wiring with enough slack for the door to open all the way.
Then you have to make sure the wires don’t interfere with the window mechanisms.

I drilled at two different locations vertically so the wire sheathing tubing twists instead of folding.
That tubing also serves as a seal where the wires go through.
The servo installation is real fun as well.

IMG_4852.jpeg

My old chevies are that way.
Push the lock button down, push in the door button when closing, and it's locked.
My old mopars have to be locked externally with a key

I don't think I've ever locked my barracuda. Lol but I do remember GM cars having the push in the button feature.

No one asked, I realize that but just in case some did decide to put remote locks in.
I installed a set of remote/keyless entry electric door locks about 5 years ago.
The set was for a four door and I figured if the passenger side died I would have a spare.
The driver side is the main control, so it is not replaceable by one of the other servos.
If you use that door lock button manually the passenger door follows.

The kit was less than 20 bucks, but putting them in is the PIA.
Each door and jamb has to have holes drilled for the wiring with enough slack for the door to open all the way.
Then you have to make sure the wires don’t interfere with the window mechanisms.

I drilled at two different locations vertically so the wire sheathing tubing twists instead of folding.
That tubing also serves as a seal where the wires go through.
The servo installation is real fun as well.

View attachment 1716137869
I saw a kit on Amazon for $40 with 4 servos. Going to make the attempt this winter as part of my interior resto.

-
Back