69 Dart Rocker Molding Installation

-

gonzomn

Reaction score
I got some clips for the rocker moldings for my Dart. Picked them up from R/T Specialties. They clip onto the moldings, but don't seem to clip into the holes on the rocker (not enough depth). Any ideas?? Are the clips just used to position the moldings & the screws on each end used to hold the moldings on?

Thanks,

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 264
With all the talent on this board, hasn't anyone ever replaced rocker moldings before?
Could sure use some help on this.

I haven't worked on one of these recently so I can't remember exactly how they go. Are you sure the clips don't go into the rocker first, then the moulding snaps over them? I can remember installing the chrome on some vehicles and the clips go on the vehicle first, just can't remember your specific vehicle. If the clips go on the car first, then you can kind of hook the moulding over either the top or bottom of the clip and kind of 'roll' it over the other edge to snap it into place. Easier than trying to snap it onto the top and bottom of the clip at the same time.
Hope this helps,
Dallas

Still desperately needing help on this.
Maybe these are the wrong clips.

HELP

not the wrong clips i had same problem also never got to put the trim on my brothers wife threw out the trim at my dads house with out asking me about them dont have that kind of money for new ones yet

not the wrong clips i had same problem also never got to put the trim on my brothers wife threw out the trim at my dads house with out asking me about them dont have that kind of money for new ones yet

Just can't figure out how they work

I know this is a little late, but you set the shallow barbed end into the hole and hammer the long peg in until flush. The peg forces the barbs out and locks it into the holes. Orientation wise, the thin tabs face up and down and keep the trim from rubbing the body. The trim slides between the thin flat and the outer portion of the clip. I'm looking for a set of these clips and can't find them. I emailed and called R/T but no answer on either......

The clips pictured are correct. They match the original ones on my car and the ones I got from Mr G's. The clip you need from him is clip FA 468, you need 16 I think to do both sides and are $0.60 each.

-
Back