69 Dart Swinger

-

Spunk

Reaction score
Ok this is my first post. You will probably be hearing a lot from me in the upcoming weeks. My boyfriend and I are on our way to Michigan from Ohio to look at my first muscle car project. It is a 69 Dart Swinger. I am kind of nervous because there is nothing in the car but the guy selling it has everything for it. My boyfriend says you should never buy a car with pieces parts.
We have a 400 sitting in our garage just screaming my name but I am too impatient to wait for that one to get ready. I have included some of the information from the ad below. Let me know what you think. Like I said this is my first car. My boyfriend already has a 69 Super B with a 383 in it and I am ready to go to the line with him. He thinks he can beat me at racing but I got news for him. Sorry the post is long I will keep it short next time.:angel10::angel10:

1969 dart swinger! Comes with everything. 74 360 .60 over out of dart sport 292 purple shaft cam, Mopar intake. New carb, new dist. Timing chain and gears, double valve springs. transmission is a 904 with TCI converter. Comes with 8-3/4 and 3.55 sure grip. GT hood w/340-4 inserts. Also comes with rallies w/ beauty rings and centers, aluminum small block motor plate. Extra trans. Crossmembers. The motor and trans are together ready to go back in car. Also have relocation kit in box.

Attachments

• dart swinger.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 286
  • dart swinger1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 294
  • dart swinger2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 295
Looks nice! What part of Ohio are you from?

I don't think buying something thats in pieces,you have to know what your doing and what to look for,personally i don't buy my cars all ready done, i think thats to easy and lazy just me.

Welcome aboard this great site Spunk, I have to agree with our member Snake :glasses7:
Even if we buy them (dun) they are never dun in my opinion :coffee2:
Sounds like a great start to a great MoPar :cheers: I can't wait to see your restoration thread.
We have many great tecks and folks here to help when you need it and cheer you on as you move forward :cheers:

My boyfriend is going with me he knows what he is doing. He's just been told to be careful of these things. The guy selling it has two Roadrunners. I know I am going to be posting here a lot just to pick the brains of you Muscle Car enthusiasts. I think building it is most of the fun. I probably wont keep the 360 in it though I want to put a 440 in it. Just for fun.

Its so pretty don't care for the tires though.

I don't see how you can go wrong at the price they are asking.

Make sure to check out the frame rails real good for repairs or rot, that's one area to concentrate on..

Wave when you go by, lol.

Welcome! Looks like a nice car. As stated, check for rot on the usual places. Good luck!

what!!! ur not digging the 13" hub caps and steelies? looks like a great car to start with. goodluck and welcome to the site

Those make excellent track cars,very light.I bet you spank him good when youre done. Welcome to fabo.

Ok question. Where is the best place to look to find a manual on this car?

Ok question. Where is the best place to look to find a manual on this car?

there are a few on ebay. well worth the investment

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-for-1969-Dodge-A-Body-B-Body-/321203458516?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ADart%7CSubmodel%3ASwinger&hash=item4ac937d1d4&vxp=mtr"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-for-1969-Dodge-A-Body-B-Body-/321203458516?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ADart%7CSubmodel%3ASwinger&hash=item4ac937d1d4&vxp=mtr[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Dart-Engine-Assembly-Manual-Swinger-GT-GTS-170-225-273-318-340-383-/160996869771?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item257c29468b&vxp=mtr"]1969 Dodge Dart Engine Assembly Manual Swinger GT GTS 170 225 273 318 340 383 | eBay[/ame]

Now if I am putting a 360 in it will those help guide me?

putting a 360 in it is just the same as putting a 318/340 in it the only thing you need to make sure it has is a 360 "car" style oil pan and pick up tube, a B&M flex plate if your running a automatic I think part numbers vary between 904 and 727, 340/360 motor mounts

Welcome to FABO, the car looks good in the pictures to me.
It even has the coveted radio delete plate in the dash!
You will never regret getting the factory service manual, it's well worth the investment.....
440 would be cool too.

Thanks guys I am so looking forward to this. I can't think of a better site to go to for advice.

Well I am the new proud owner of a 1969 Dart Swinger! Although I did not get to bring her home to Ohio from Michigan yesterday I am already working on it. Not much room in the garage yet my boyfriend has his 69 Super B in there so we need to make some room. I won't pick it up until we go back for the Woodward Cruise on the 16th of August but I will still be asking questions. Such as.....what do you think about an engine plate? I guess it attaches to the front of the car between the motor and the body so there isn't so much rocking. I thought maybe I would ask you guys what you think.

-
Back