69 Dart Swinger

-
Congrats on your purchase from another '69 Swinger lover, and welcome to FABO!

i wouldnt use a engine plate thats gonna transfer all of the motor vibrations to the car itself. i think those poly lock motor mounts along with a torque strap would do

X2 on the engine plate. With the availability of the k member swap kits these days the plates is unnecessary(if you go big block). I did the Schumacher swap kit with my 68 valiant 383 and it was a breeze. Also in my opinion for the rear end I wouldn't do a 3'' relocation kit again, I would make do with the offset shackle kit and be done. Nice car!

For what reason?
I did a 3'' relocation on an original 69 swinger 340, installed a small block stroker with a 4.10 8 3/4, 315 tire and run pretty consistent 11.0's. I did an offset shackle kit on a 68 valiant big block stroker with a 4.10 8 3/4 275 tire and run 10.80's. The 3''kit was alot of work, and would be tough to return to original IF ever desired. Ive done both.

Ok question. Where is the best place to look to find a manual on this car?

I suggest picking up one of the 1969 Service Manuals on cd rather than finding a printed one. Several sellers on eBay.
With the CD version, you can print the parts you want and take them to the car with you. The original still stays nice without any grease on the pages or accidental tears.

I suggest picking up one of the 1969 Service Manuals on cd rather than finding a printed one. Several sellers on eBay.
With the CD version, you can print the parts you want and take them to the car with you. The original still stays nice without any grease on the pages or accidental tears.

I like that suggestion! I already have the 69 manual except its for a 340 I have a 360 out of a Duster that I am putting in so I was going to try to find some information on a 360. I'm just not sure what the difference is between the two engines when installation begins. You guys have to remember this is my first project. Also I have a question about my shocks do I want air shocks or the regular ones in the back?#-o

X2 on the engine plate. With the availability of the k member swap kits these days the plates is unnecessary(if you go big block). I did the Schumacher swap kit with my 68 valiant 383 and it was a breeze. Also in my opinion for the rear end I wouldn't do a 3'' relocation kit again, I would make do with the offset shackle kit and be done. Nice car!

Ok now you kind of have to break it down for me. I am new to this so it is like going to school all over again. I have done a lot of reading but sometimes it still does not make sense to me. I bought my first part though! I just bought the oil seals for the axle shaft 10$ at summit. You should have seen me I was like a kid getting his first lolly pop!

:happy1:

As far as the engine plate what if I decide to go with a bigger engine? Say a 400? I was thinking about getting rid of the plate all together to use the $ towards other parts for the car but I am not sure exactly what I plan to do with the car first. I really want to race. That is my goal but I want to stay true to the car at the same time it is a tough decision. Just like the hood it comes with two of them one is a 340 hood the other is a scoop hood. I mean how can I put a 340 hood on it when it has a 360 in it. Those are the kind of things that trip me up. It also has the original Radio Delete in it. That will stay with the car! The interior is original so is the dash. This is such a beautiful car! I cant wait! The only thing that I am concerned about is the paint. I don't care for the paint options they offered in 69 I like the Panther Pink and Moulin Rouge offered in 70!

You can go over to Big block dart.com for some good reference pictures and tech on moving rear springs, and installing B(383/400) or RB(426/440) blocks etc. into your small block or slant 6 car. A motor plate is an option for installing any engine into your car regardless of the original engine. Schumacher is a company that makes conversion motor mount kits to fit the existing K-frame in your car whether its a slant 6 or small block if you don't choose the motor plate route. I have never done a motor plate install, so I cant help much there. As far as the 3'' inboard rear spring mod, you need to cut out and modify the rear wheel wells, and relocate a front spring mount into the frame. That will allow you to run a 12'' wide tire, but that is a pretty labor intense job A inboard spring kit will only move your springs inboard 3/4'', and limit your tire size, but its a bolt on kit with no real metal work.

-
Back