69 Dart T&T

-

chryco 557

chryco 557
Reaction score
Hi! I had the Dart out a couple of weeks ago at a test and tune and was fairly successful in getting things sorted out . Not bad , since the first outing netted me a cracked trans case . I got through the burnout and had problems staging due to a front end issue . Won`t make it out till next season due to parts replacements incurred . Here`s some vids.
Chryco557

PS turn up the sound (557 RBRE/KB Hemi at 6000 R`s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1y3A23gAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTeetaWZ3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwW6erHBsto

IMG_2526.jpg

That thing is nice! What ET's are you shooting for?

How often are you going to Gimli?I will try to get out and see ya run next year.Nice car.8)

Thanks !
I`m going to try and get out there as much as I can This was the second test and tune so far . The first time I broke the case on the 'Glide .
See you out there !
Rob

Hi all !
Well , since the last time I posted , I got in touch with Magnum Force about my front end issue (right steering arm bent when I hit the brakes heading for the line after my burn out ) to which they (Ron Jenkins - owner ) that he would fix the part and beef them both up so this wouldn`t happen again at his expense. :) It seems my front end was an early design and the AFCO spindles that came with the kit could go that way under heavy braking. He also mentioned they are now using a Mustang II spindle and everything has been redesigned . So no new spindles for me . I shipped off the parts and about three weeks later received a call from MagForce stating they were done and if I`d like the spindles powder coated ? I declined the powder coating and received the spindles via pre paid Fed Ex about a week later . The spindle had been thoroughly beefed up and I don`t think they`ll bend again . I just repainted them and are now ready to go back on the car. I`ll post some pics when it`s all together .
In addition , the last time I spoke with Ron , I asked about making my currently bushed upper control arms adjustable by cutting off the bushings and replacing them with spherical rod ends. Ron mentioned that is possible but also offered me a new set for around half $ . I said I`d think about it , since I can mod them myself for only around $100.00 worth of parts.
So I guess all in all a good experience with Mag Force for me .
I hope to get out to the garage today and get the front end back together with some pics !
Chryco557

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

30440.jpg

MVC-005S.JPG

Sweet Ride. Why the glide?

I'm glad to see that you kept your beautiful bad *** race car off of the wall when you took off for the pass!!! We will be waiting for the season to start back again so you can leave us in awe!

Man,

Always loved that Dart since you first started building it. Glad to see it doing track time :cheers:

( Hows that sweet Super Bee doing you have :read2: )

-
Back