69 frontend work on a 67 Dart

-

big

69'GTS
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can make a 67 Dart look like a 69, by swapping out the grill assembly. I realize the side markers are different, but just wondering about the front end. Thanks much.

My 67 has a 68 grill and head light bezels. I don't see why you couldn't use the ones from a 69.

I have heard that the headlight bucket depth is different between 68 & 69-- I have a 69 & never compared to other years --this is just something I came across. Lawrence

I remembered hearing there was a differance on one or the other for the 67-8& 9's but just can't remember what it was.

VDART has it... The headlight bucket depth is off 67 to 69, the grill won't swap without the fenders.

As mentioned above, the grills won't interchange between 67, 68 or 69 but you can swap out the whole front clip.

As mentioned above, the grills won't interchange between 67, 68 or 69 but you can swap out the whole front clip.

My 67 has a complete 68 grill assembly and 67 fenders. And no, it's not HACKED into place either. The tail lights, now that's a different story...

Best picture I could find...

NostalgiaDrags08003.jpg

67 to 69 are the same front end clips all parts are interchangeable

My 67 has a complete 68 grill assembly and 67 fenders. And no, it's not HACKED into place either.

My 68 had a 67 grill and headlight bezels and it fit no problem. 69 might be diffirent.

This is actually correct, I forgot that I had a 67 fender and it did look the same around the headlight as my 68

67 to 69 are the same front end clips all parts are interchangeable

I know there is a big difference between the 68 and 69, When I bought my 68 I got a 69 grill with it and there was no way to use it, the headlight buckets were in a different spot as well as all the mounting tabs.

-
Back