69 mufflers

-

dartkid69

Reaction score
Afternoon.... Need a recommendation for stock sounding mufflers for my '69 340 swinger. Just put a new exhaust under the car with flow master mufflers, at 1700 and above you cannot listen to the radio without turning it way up and then you cannot carry on a conversation with anyone in the car, the rumble is terrible. Any suggestions? Just looking for the original type sound.

Checkout Accurate Exhaust for their factory style 340 replacement mufflers. I'm using them on my 69 340/416 Dart Swinger and I like them wayyy better than I did those Flowmasters that I had on. I had the same issues with the dreadful drone that you're having.

Last edited:
Dronemasters certainly describes those mufflers, I will check out Accurate Exhaust, thank you for the replies. Do you know who was the original supplier back in '69?

I have Walker quiet flows? Can get the part number for you when I go back out to the garage. I have them on my '69 and like the quiet , but my engine still overpowers the whole thing for me, but I have hearing condition called hypercusis, over sensitive hearing. At age 71, one would expect that to be the other way around.

Evening CRUZE418....Would appreciate the part #'s when you get a chance, do they sound closer to stock not overly loud.

I bought mufflers from Waldron Exhaust, I think they call them impostors. They are some louder than stock. I have been very happy with them. I also Dynamated the heck out of everything in the interior & trunk (used a clone from Amazon). That really quite down the interior of the car.

Okay, Walker-21856 Quiet-Flow3 Muffler.
Votom recommend them, I believe that they are pretty close as you will get to stock sound. They are a 2.5 " Muffler in and out.
My cost from Summit was $58.99 in April of this year. Otherwise, you could check with Accurate exhaust, bet they would be more in costly.

Okay, Walker-21856 Quiet-Flow3 Muffler.
Votom recommend them, I believe that they are pretty close as you will get to stock sound. They are a 2.5 " Muffler in and out.
My cost from Summit was $58.99 in April of this year. Otherwise, you could check with Accurate exhaust, bet they would be more in costly.
Thank you everyone for the replies, my pipes are 2.250 in and out plus the muffler I removed was 20in overall (15in body) so the 21856 will not work. The accurate exhaust are 100.00 just for shipping but still not out of the equation. I will do a little more searching.

Voetom is on page 7 in the exhaust threads, scroll down to Quiet Muffler choices. PM him and see if you can come up with something. I also think that a Muffler shop
Can fit the #21856's to your 2.25 pipes.

Thank you everyone for the replies, my pipes are 2.250 in and out plus the muffler I removed was 20in overall (15in body) so the 21856 will not work. The accurate exhaust are 100.00 just for shipping but still not out of the equation. I will do a little more searching.
The Accurate mufflers have a "body" length of 18 inches, just like the factory originals had. Fitment should not be an issue if you go with them.

Know this, what ever you decide, they will probably have to modify your system to fit.

-
Back