69 notchback questions

-
This car isn't the 1 of 1 69 barracuda in the 2017 thread. But it came up in the discussion because of the sellers claim that 69 notchback were worth 100 grand.

I hear you Fred. I am fast becoming a dedicated A body enthusiast.
I ran across a thread from 2017. Titled 1 of 1 69 barracuda. On the second page a member mentioned that somebody claims 69 notchback was worth 100 grand. They had a link to kijiji Winnipeg. 340s. I clicked on it but it is expired naturally. I have a hunch it is my car. I bought it early Jan 2019. A mopar addict from Winnipeg told me that he had seen the car on kijiji a while back.
When I saw it the price was 25 grand Obo. I looked at it in a garage. Only saw it run in a video. I took a chance and made a offer. Drove it on the trailer. Got it home and put it in a shipping container. Till 2 weeks ago.
And seeking more knowledge got me here.
I'm sure you got a great deal on it, I would like to see it someday soon. I still have my pass port and Drove semi in your neck of the woods for many years so looks like your gonna have to put up with me checking out your cars someday so have a beer ready. lol

I hear you Fred. I am fast becoming a dedicated A body enthusiast.
I ran across a thread from 2017. Titled 1 of 1 69 barracuda. On the second page a member mentioned that somebody claims 69 notchback was worth 100 grand. They had a link to kijiji Winnipeg. 340s. I clicked on it but it is expired naturally. I have a hunch it is my car. I bought it early Jan 2019. A mopar addict from Winnipeg told me that he had seen the car on kijiji a while back.
When I saw it the price was 25 grand Obo. I looked at it in a garage. Only saw it run in a video. I took a chance and made a offer. Drove it on the trailer. Got it home and put it in a shipping container. Till 2 weeks ago.
And seeking more knowledge got me here.
100k for an A-body? My sides hurt.
A-bodies were the low buck Mopar offering. If I could afford $25k for an A-body, it would have to be a S-340, with 5,000 miles, matching number engine, original paint, never 'restored'.
You won't see many 'trailer-queen' cars on here... and that's what makes these cars, and this site great. They get them out there on the road, and yes with modifications.
I'm going to get my '69 Cuda on the road. I don't care if the hood is a '68.
I'm gonna smoke some kid in his Honda with a 2 foot wing with a 50 year old car. Maybe let the 17 yr. old boy do the same. :)

100k for an A-body? My sides hurt.
A-bodies were the low buck Mopar offering. If I could afford $25k for an A-body, it would have to be a S-340, with 5,000 miles, matching number engine, original paint, never 'restored'.
You won't see many 'trailer-queen' cars on here... and that's what makes these cars, and this site great. They get them out there on the road, and yes with modifications.
I'm going to get my '69 Cuda on the road. I don't care if the hood is a '68.
I'm gonna smoke some kid in his Honda with a 2 foot wing with a 50 year old car. Maybe let the 17 yr. old boy do the same. :)
I have 6 boys RSie and one has a new Fiat 124 and one has a Subaru WRX pumping out 400 HP to the 4 wheels and I have a 1970 340 in my scamp running Nitros. I can beat the Fiat but the WRX is gone before I get traction. I here you my friend I wanna smoke my boys with my old car and all there rice burning friends. lol

I paid 15 grand aprox 12 your money. They told me they turned down a previous offer of 18 grand
A lot of people watch to much scripted television shows.
Fred give me a heads up.
I have the 66 monaco in the que
Also 69 monaco.. Both need some time and energy. Like I mentioned earlier I have c body fetish.
RSie I would sure like to see the action I get a kick out of the rice rockets. More noise then action. Most of the time. I understand some of the new stuff is impressive. Not my cup of tea.

005.JPG

IMG_20181211_124251.jpg

I didn't think the 67 d100 went thru. Once again I am wrong. 32 thousand original miles. Except for the wheels and tires it is original. Slant 6 3 on tree
For some reason the 66 monaco picture don't want to play ball

I paid 15 grand aprox 12 your money. They told me they turned down a previous offer of 18 grand
Fred give me a heads up.
Also 69 monaco.. Both need some time and energy. Like I mentioned earlier I have c body fetish.
RSie I would sure like to see the action I get a kick out of the rice rockets. More noise then action. Most of the time. I understand some of the new stuff is impressive. Not my cup of tea.

View attachment 1715352439

View attachment 1715352440
Nice toys looks like it will take more than one beer to tour your collection.

Fred I was pecking out a reply when you mentioned your boys cars. Scary isn't it.
Got to ride in a scat pac challenger a while back. Never had the pleasure. There is something about a 4000 Lb plus car breaking the tires loose at 55 mph. Then he put it in sport mode I think he called it.

Fred I was pecking out a reply when you mentioned your boys cars. Scary isn't it.
Got to ride in a scat pac challenger a while back. Never had the pleasure. There is something about a 4000 Lb plus car breaking the tires loose at 55 mph. Then he put it in sport mode I think he called it.
Lots of horse power in the new cars impressive for sure but can't do my own engine work on them so I'll stay old school.

Welcome aboard from Ontario! Silver is one of my favorite colors. I love nachos, i have a 67 FB "S" and 69 vert "S"
For a "S" car in 69 it would need code A53. Unique car with the 340 and being non S.
Nice Monaco and truck!
Spent a lot of my growing up in a 70 4 door Monaco. I think we squeezed 11 of us in it lol.
Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks 4 spd
I wonder if you or anyone can set me straight on the S part. I understand a true 69 formula S car is identified by a badge on trunk. Build sheet as well.
My question is what does the 340s badge on front fender indicate?
This car is unique in quite a few ways. The wheel covers 'vs ralley wheels. Column shift and bench seat vs buckets and floor shift. White seats with green dash pad and green upper doors.

I have same set of "turbine" wheel covers. You see rally's all the time, but not correct for any abody cuda as I think rally's started in 70. Got better/more pics? I bought a set of 340-s emblems for my 69 thinking that's what should be on it. Turns out I could be wrong??
I bought my 69 in 92 and was(still is)a project. Had fiberglass fenders with incorrect badging on fenders.
LOTS of little intricate differences between 67-9.
There was a member on here bbdave(RIP) that had a theory about 340s badges.
In 69, the 340 was called out either in the stripe or the 340s emblem. One or the other.
Formula S for 69, the only callout was badge on tail panel which was blacked out. See my pic of my wall hanger.
In my opinion 69 lacked some styling in the front end as hoods had no callouts or badging, like 67/8 with the hood inserts.
Got better pics of 340s badging and location of badge?
Thanks 4 spd
I wonder if you or anyone can set me straight on the S part. I understand a true 69 formula S car is identified by a badge on trunk. Build sheet as well.
My question is what does the 340s badge on front fender indicate?
This car is unique in quite a few ways. The wheel covers 'vs ralley wheels. Column shift and bench seat vs buckets and floor shift. White seats with green dash pad and green upper doors.

20190620_091533.jpg

I am learning fast. I assumed rally wheels would be available. One should never assume.
Here is the 340s. It's same on the left side. I have seen other barracudas with same.
It's starting to drizzle with big clouds to the west so no more pictures today

IMG_20190620_090549.jpg

I am learning fast. I assumed rally wheels would be available. One should never assume.
Here is the 340s. It's same on the left side. I have seen other barracudas with same.
It's starting to drizzle with big clouds to the west so no more pictures today

View attachment 1715352616
Been raining all day here. Hey Farmer got a Chrysler Imperial LeBaron in the shop today it's a 1974 I think. We put side moldings on it for the guy and he lives in Manitoba. Looks like it's original and in nice shape. Maybe you know him.

Fred There is a imperial guy quite a ways east of here. Think he is Matt. Never met him. Only imp owner I know of. But I don't get out all that much.
I am just completing rusted metal replacement on my polara 880. I am not a pro fab guy. Actually I am quite impressed with what I have done. This car is a driver and it don't need to perfect.
My Monaco on the other hand should be done by someone who knows what they are doing. The car ain't bad but has the usual c body rust in the trunk extension and lower quarter panels. Does the shop you work at do this kind of work.
Very few if any shops doing this stuff in my area. And very little replacement metal available. I don't mind paying if shop knows how to do the work. Definitely not paying to have somebody learn as the clock is ticking. I can do that myself. Does the shop charge by the hour or quote the job?

I have 6 boys RSie and one has a new Fiat 124 and one has a Subaru WRX pumping out 400 HP to the 4 wheels and I have a 1970 340 in my scamp running Nitros. I can beat the Fiat but the WRX is gone before I get traction. I here you my friend I wanna smoke my boys with my old car and all there rice burning friends. lol
Oh, I know there's a lot of quick little cars out there! I don't have a problem with the guys that have nice stock, fast imports. Or with the tuner guys that do a nice job on their cars.. still a motorhead to me. Vastly different today, but still being a motorhead.
The ones I'll be looking for are the kids that buy an econo-box with 200,000 miles on it, spray bomb it flat black, paint the hubcaps a bright green, cut off the muffler and replace it with a straight pipe, bolt on a huge wing.. and now think they have a race car. Those will be the fun ones to wax with a 50 yr. old car, especially if his girlfriend is with him. :)

Fred give me a heads up.

I agree with you, some of the import stuff is impressive. Not my cup of tea either... nothing like hearing and feeling a nice V8.

Fred There is a imperial guy quite a ways east of here. Think he is Matt. Never met him. Only imp owner I know of. But I don't get out all that much.
I am just completing rusted metal replacement on my polara 880. I am not a pro fab guy. Actually I am quite impressed with what I have done. This car is a driver and it don't need to perfect.
My Monaco on the other hand should be done by someone who knows what they are doing. The car ain't bad but has the usual c body rust in the trunk extension and lower quarter panels. Does the shop you work at do this kind of work.
Very few if any shops doing this stuff in my area. And very little replacement metal available. I don't mind paying if shop knows how to do the work. Definitely not paying to have somebody learn as the clock is ticking. I can do that myself. Does the shop charge by the hour or quote the job?
The shop I work at is not doing any more restorations and don't know any shops that do a good job. I can help you but I am not the best at restorations and no time for me to take on another project. I will do my best to guide you and help if you want to do it yourself.
When you get a chance come over and I will show you my scamp and what I did to it and then you can deiced if you need my help.
No charge for help just what we do to help each other. I'll post some pictures.

Oh, I know there's a lot of quick little cars out there! I don't have a problem with the guys that have nice stock, fast imports. Or with the tuner guys that do a nice job on their cars.. still a motorhead to me. Vastly different today, but still being a motorhead.
The ones I'll be looking for are the kids that buy an econo-box with 200,000 miles on it, spray bomb it flat black, paint the hubcaps a bright green, cut off the muffler and replace it with a straight pipe, bolt on a huge wing.. and now think they have a race car. Those will be the fun ones to wax with a 50 yr. old car, especially if his girlfriend is with him. :)
I like you we think alike. Had a sleeper back in the 70's and toasted lots of guys and got a smile out of there girlfriends.

I personally don't run someone else's car Down . But I do grin when I hear a big roar and look to see were it's coming from and see a dogshit custom that's not gaining speed very quickly.
I am not real worried about metal work on my monaco. It's likley a 2020 project. It has some bondo actually looks like they filled in between trunk extension and fender with mud. Must have got a good deal. I think I want the convertible on road first and I Havnt looked at it closely but previous owner told me the trunk floor needs upgrade.
I would really appreciate some pointers and tricks of the trade.

I personally don't run someone else's car Down . But I do grin when I hear a big roar and look to see were it's coming from and see a dogshit custom that's not gaining speed very quickly.
I am not real worried about metal work on my monaco. It's likley a 2020 project. It has some bondo actually looks like they filled in between trunk extension and fender with mud. Must have got a good deal. I think I want the convertible on road first and I Havnt looked at it closely but previous owner told me the trunk floor needs upgrade.
I would really appreciate some pointers and tricks of the trade.
I will do what I can to help but not a top notch in restoring.

Fred give me a heads up.

You stole that, for $12k. :)

The monaco is basically dent free. Just going to need some metal I can't upload picture. Up here we didn't have a monaco 500. . Monaco was top for 66.
RSie. Your welcome anytime . As long as your not a total pig I w ill supply the beer. Maybe set your limit at 20. Maybe 30 if your still entertaining

-
Back