[WANTED] 69 sure grip A body

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you looking for just a sure grip without gears and housing or a complete pumpkin?

I have a complete A-body 8 3/4 rear axel assembly. [Email address deleted by STAFF]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That will help other members to be able to help you out. Unfortunately, all I have is a 742 case 2.76 sure grip and a 742 case 2.94 sure grip.

Looking for 8 3/4 sure grip and axles for 69 dart
Have you found one yet? I have a complete (brake drum to brake drum) 8-3/4 with Sure-Grip from a '70 340 Dart, but it currently has a 4.30 gear set. Leaf springs are still attached; one extra leaf has been added to each side. It is currently in Chicago, and has not had much recent use, so it will need to be refurbished (seals, gaskets, brake shoes, and possibly bearings). I would like to get $400 for the whole setup.

Have you found one yet? I have a complete (brake drum to brake drum) 8-3/4 with Sure-Grip from a '70 340 Dart, but it currently has a 4.30 gear set. Leaf springs are still attached; one extra leaf has been added to each side. It is currently in Chicago, and has not had much recent use, so it will need to be refurbished (seals, gaskets, brake shoes, and possibly bearings). I would like to get $400 for the whole setup.
Jeez...there's a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

489 with 3.91 gears

Just so you know, the 489 case was 1) NOT an A body case and 2) NOT a clutch type sure grip from the factory.

The 741 case was A body specific and came from the factory with the clutch type Dana Powerlock.

The 489 case was not A body specific and came from the factory with the less desirable cone type sure grip unit.

I am interested in that diff. I am in the Chicago area and could pick up and pay in person. Is it still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back