69 Valiant 340

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
hey dudes, ill take some pictures tonight. but im just starting to get parts rounded up. ill take some pictures of what parts i have and the paint stripping of my 340 block and heads. and hopefully ill have some time tonight to figure out how to post the pictures in the actual thread.

someoen is gonna have to help so i can get better pic quality. it keeps saying the pics are too big and these are as big as i can get them. anyway. last night i took the hood off and got the radiator ready to come out and removed the alternator and bracket. the other 2 pictures are half of the block and part of the drivers side head i have stripped the paint off. with a wire brush and scraper. not fun.

resto%231%20024[1].JPG

tn.jpg

tn1.jpg

Looks like you have a very nice car to start with. There's a nice program for converting, and reducing file size called PIXRESIZER. It's a free download from many shareware web sites. It's very simple to use. Good luck. Howard

i decided i will need to replace alot of wires. so im labeling each wire as i go. will number each wire with tape and have a cheat sheet that i will be adding to as i do more removal. just starting to learn the tricks to resize on here so here is a pic to show you.

resto#1 026.JPG

thanks howco4...tonight i shot the rear end bolts with some rust penatrent and jacked up the rear on stands. 2morro night ill be removing the 7 and 1/4 rear...ill try and post pictures 2morro

i pulled my 7 1/4 rear out tonight...everything is out from the trans out put back for drivetrain...

resto#1 0340.JPG

here are a few pics of the axle out...and a picture of the baby 7 and 1/4....lamesauce and the girls with the tiny 7 and 1/4...

resto#1 035.JPG

resto#1 036.JPG

resto#1 037.JPG

resto#1 038.JPG

Nice work!

I'll be removing the 7 1/4 and leaf springs from my scamp in the next week or so and putting in new springs and 8 1/4. I've shot the nuts/bolts with rust penatrent a few times over the past week or so hoping they won't be siezed. Did you remove the rear end before unbolting the springs or remove the two as a unit? Which were the toughest bolts/nuts to take off?

Looking good. I took out my rear back in the fall and replaced with a 8 3/4 i got from a local scrap yard for $200 complete with wheels. I did not rebuild it yet just put under car to move it around. What size tire you have there? they look good under it.
H22A4,
If I were replaceing the springs I would remove them as one. For me the hardest was the u-bolts. Ihad to use a die grinder to cut them out.

thanks, i removed it as a complete unit...springs and all...its the easiest by far. i only sprayed underneath once for my car and everything came right off with hand tools as i dont have a compressor at home. didnt even have to heat anything up...the brake line is the biggest pain if you havnt touched it in awhile...

here is my rear end i just got today from dan brooks a member on here. great guy. anywho, i took the angle grinder to it with a wire brush and here are my results.

resto#1 342.JPG

resto#1 343.JPG

resto#1 344.JPG

resto#1 345.JPG

p.s. anyone else get hammered off of the paint debris and stuff floating in the air. i even had a mask on....glad im not a body guy.

-
Back