69 Valiant 340

-
engine, trans and headers are in...if you've never done the drivers side header before.....wow that was a real treat...otherwise i had fun putting the stuff in. just a few more things and this bad boy is ready to rock...can anyone help with the powersteering bracket/setup....i have no idea where to start with that or which pump to switch over too. anyone have anything i may need....throttle cable...really any hardware to finish the carb springs and brackets and throttle brackets and springs...i have soo many little things to get before its done...i should prob sit down and figure out what i need....

resto#1 459.JPG

resto#1 460.jpg

resto#1 461.JPG

just ordered my 650 double pumper, fuel line with fuel gauge.....and lokar throttle cable with lokar throttle bracket...

Looks very good!

Depending on the fuel pump, it may be an inverted flare.

Headers are fun on an A-body... NOT!

Congratulations! Everything go OK? How long did you idle it for break-in? Did it hit the streets yet??

i ran it for about 10 minutes...i have a leak at the thermostat gasket, which is lame because everything is new. i hope to run it around the block thursday or friday. and then tighten the fitting at the trans cooler and everything should be ok. thanks tho

i ran it for about 10 minutes...i have a leak at the thermostat gasket, which is lame because everything is new. i hope to run it around the block thursday or friday. and then tighten the fitting at the trans cooler and everything should be ok. thanks tho

Those chrome junks all ways leak.

Either a stock cast piece or take a big flat file and make sure its not warped. Motor sounds good !

Did you take the vid down? It says no longer available.

Looking good! Very nice work. Let the burnouts comence! LOL

-
Back