7/8 Master Cyl brake lines, front to front? or criss cross?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Morning guys,

picked up an aluminum/plastic 7/8 bore master cylinder that was originally intended for a 2wd, disc/drum first gen dakota. I know various makes and models actually have the front port on the MC controlling the rear brakes, and vice versa. And some models just go front to front, rear to rear.

this is a disc front, drum rear car. i have a wilwood proportioning valve to use on the rears.

any thoughts on the Front front, rear reav, VS the front to rear criss cross?

Or if someone with a first gen dakota wants to go pop their hood for me, that'd be great? lol

thanks!

I lied, the mc is from a 90 daytona, or spirit. Still no input?

I would hook front to rear. The front piston / rear brakes is a HYDRAULIC "connection" between the two pistons, so to speak. The rear piston is genuinely hooked to the pedal. Seems to me there is less chance of an 'eff up in that circuit, and that is your main stopping force

The larger of the brake fluid reservoirs on the master cylinder is for the disc brakes. The disc caliper pistons displace more fluid as the brake pads wear so more fluid is required.

Sounds legit. I will make sure to keep my fluid level up also. Both ports are the same...so i figure I will be ok. Thanks guys

-
Back