70 dart 340-4 speed numbers matching................convertable?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i always read on here how alot of guys say that. "oh, its your car, do as you want"

my next build is going to be my summer project, and hope to be done before october.
it is a numbers matching 340 4 speed dart. i am building it that i hope and pray to be able to keep it. therefore, i want to build the car the way i would of loved for it to leave the factory!.

the car has got to be almost the best of the best, being a 340, with 4 speed, hood pins, tail stripe, plum crazy purple. he says that in the boxes, he has the back quarter glass, and it was a scat pack car, with the tire smoking bee on the glass.

however, i promised myself that when able, i was going to build a convertable dart. i was not caring if i started with a 340 car or a /6 car, but wanted to lose the top. and for the price i picked it up for helps alot

AGAIN, I AM NOT BUILDING THIS CAR FOR A RESALE VALUE, BUT RATHER AS A HUSBAND, WIFE, AND KIDS PROJECT. so, there is no real value to it, and i know my fab skills, and do not think that it will be a monster of a task.....

whatcha think?

Joe go for it. That will build great family memories,bonding,family time.That is what will make your build valuable. This is something I wish I had been able to do with all 3 of my sons, my health would not have allowed it. You have a chance to do something wonderful here with your family and us cheering you on. Have you picked it up yet?

Joe go for it ! Just brace it alot on the inside so it wont bow in on its self.

today i am going to rent a enclosed uhaul trailer to pick up at least 3 truck loads of doubles and triples of everything. 3 rally dash setups, 4 8.75 rears, 3 sets of doors,glass, 2 340 engines 2 4 speed trannies, 2 sets of buckets, 2 sets of bench seats.

the guys had also stripped down a 340 4 speed 71 demon!. so my main goal is to get all the stuff home tonight, catagorize it all, and all the origional stuff frm the dart i am keeping, but will be listing all the stuff from the other car i will put up for sale, to fund the restoration of the origional dash, engine,, trans...................... you know the drill.lol

i say again, i cant believe how you find all this. where im at, i have not seen in 5 years what you find in 2 weeks. incredible. and what i have found is lame 6 cylinder stuff. im am clearly in the wrong part of the country

abodee, yea, i know!. 90 percent of every the cars i have found are 340 cars!.lol the problem is, they are rotted out most of the times.

abodee, yea, i know!. 90 percent of every the cars i have found are 340 cars!.lol the problem is, they are rotted out most of the times.

well, keep doing what you are doing, you are bringing parts and cars to FABO and this hobby and to people that have been left for dead. some have to die so others can live. i think a drop top plum crazy fully optioned dart would be badass

and to add, i had an original 70 FC7 plum crazy super bee with a white bucket seat console interior and a white reverse C stripe that people went crazy over, great colors, although i changed the interior to black. you may want to consider a white interior for those hot *** days with top down lol

well the top is not 100 set in stone, as me and the wife are contiplating either a drop top, or to switch the car to have a/c.

it does not bother me with the windows down at 75 mph, but it blows right on the kids, and they whine.lol

plus, we are taking vaca to disney land next summer, and i thought that it would be the perfect way to stretch the legs on the car!

well the top is not 100 set in stone, as me and the wife are contiplating either a drop top, or to switch the car to have a/c.

it does not bother me with the windows down at 75 mph, but it blows right on the kids, and they whine.lol

plus, we are taking vaca to disney land next summer, and i thought that it would be the perfect way to stretch the legs on the car!

which ever you decide, myself and many others, are looking forward to a great build thread like the last one with tons of pics lol

my problem with starting with a /6 is that i would still have to use all the numbers correct stuff off this 340 car anyway....... so, i figured may as well use it all, so i do not have to hunt up another car.

and this one has entire new metal from front to back, mini tubbed profeshionally, and all the metal work is done minus frame connectors

Cant argue that, Though I think I would start with a /6 or 318 car personally.

X2, especially with all the options the 340 car has, I would leave the roof on it and start with a standard model. Sounds like you will have a bunch of 340 stuff, you could easily build a clone with that stuff.

well, i still do have access to that other dart 340 i had last year. it is gutted, but could use all the 340 stuff from the demon that got parted!. it just needs so much body metal work, that i was trying to stay away from this time around. it is still a 340 car, but missing everything. maybe i should look into it

if it is all possible to chop the lid off a less desirable dart, by all means go that route, and save the original one to drive, enjoy and admire. hell, why not have two, one vert and hard top lol

Joe if you could get ahold of the gutted one I'd use it and keep the Purple one all original.

I read in a Mopar magazine some guy did this (70 dart vert) using a 68 vert body so maybe that's something to look for!

Your car do as you chose........if & when you go thru with it lots of pictures would be great to have....

"I" would leave the top on. But you know what? It's YOUR dream YOUR car and not mine. I say do what you want. It will be awesome.

I may be picking up a Dart 340 clone car, it started life as a 6cyl car and now has a 318 in it.

The guy is going to look at my Vette and maybe trade me. If you have any extra parts I'm located in VA as well pm what part.

I will be looking for a 340 and trans I'm sure. I'm not sure of what trans is in it right now or the rear end. I may need a rear end as well.

Do you have pics of the car? If it is a driver and you want to chop a top off maybe we could do a trade on this one and let me save the real deal.

Either way its going to be a really interesting looking car and project. Make sure to brace the car front to back really good like one of the others said.

Thats a lot of top to cut off and if it flexes just a little man oh man will it be crazy to fix.

I have a question now that I think of it. Is there a way to make it a removable hardtop?

You could have a converitable top and a hardtop now that would be very interesting.

:happy1:

-
Back