70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Awwwww, -4*, it's -39* here, and with the slight breeze it feels like -53*.

:poke::BangHead:
I know, it's going to get to -8 tonight.
I'm not complaining because I spent 2 winters northern Wisconsin in the 1990s when I was a teenager. It's not fun when your eyes get frozen shut or open.
Thanks for the optimism !
What I really need to try is packing on an additional 30 pounds in the fall, however I have not been able to do that.

I know, it's going to get to -8 tonight.
I'm not complaining because I spent 2 winters northern Wisconsin in the 1990s when I was a teenager. It's not fun when your eyes get frozen shut or open.
Thanks for the optimism !
What I really need to try is packing on an additional 30 pounds in the fall, however I have not been able to do that.

Yeah, an extra 30 pounds would make your heart real happy. NOT. Your *** would be laid up right beside me. Fortunately I’ve lost some weight. Now I have to keep it off. I can’t die yet. Don’t want to make that many people that happy!

Yeah, an extra 30 pounds would make your heart real happy. NOT. Your *** would be laid up right beside me. Fortunately I’ve lost some weight. Now I have to keep it off. I can’t die yet. Don’t want to make that many people that happy!
When I was mountain climbing back in my 30s I got up to 210 and I don't even think I can afford to eat like that again or have enough time to do any of that again and I don't want to lol

You guys have it rough. It’s only 63 degrees here and I just came inside from working on my dart, because I was sweaty.

Lol, 64 is hot to me
It’s practically freezing in here. I may have to crank it up or quit opening the shop door. lol

IMG_2207.jpeg

It’s practically freezing in here. I may have to crank it up or quit opening the shop door. lol

View attachment 1716191710
It's about 60 in my living room, with the fire blazing all day, go into the kitchen it's just 50.
The kitchen sink faucet is froze solid. Luckily the rest of the water is good in the house. Upstairs I can see my breath lol

I went down to the hardware store to gather up chimney supplies, and they didn't have enough.
I got my propane tank filled and went to another store to get poster board so I can start making panels tomorrow. I just need to go get some 1 inch square tubing for some bracing and of course the steel store is closed until Monday. Tuesday because holiday dammit

It's about 60 in my living room, with the fire blazing all day, go into the kitchen it's just 50.
The kitchen sink faucet is froze solid. Luckily the rest of the water is good in the house. Upstairs I can see my breath lol

I just found out my pipes are frozen. No water in the house. And I had the heat full blast in the well house.

Awwwww, -4*, it's -39* here, and with the slight breeze it feels like -53*.

:poke::BangHead:
Yeah. And you all feel that you need to share that cold? Lol. Well go ahead and bring it. Canada always dumps on Minnesota at some point. Every winter.

artworks-cWoHNRBZxTmhzvd0-r3y7Zg-t500x500.jpg

I just found out my pipes are frozen. No water in the house. And I had the heat full blast in the well house.
I got my cold water figure out. It is sediment, I drained the cold water and left the handle open so it works, now for the hot I'll pull the faucet apart and see if it's loaded with junk.
Race car build thread lol

There really is no excuse. We Leaned these frozen lesson's years ago..
I'm nice and toasty and have free flowing water. lol
I hope your old lady makes you sleep out in the shop. lol

There really is no excuse. We Leaned these frozen lesson's years ago..
I'm nice and toasty and have free flowing water. lol
I hope your old lady makes you sleep out in the shop. lol

She’s not real happy right now. I thought I had enough heat on in the well house but at MINUS 6 degrees water gets hard. Fast.

All fixed. I'll be redoing my plumbing under the 100 year old part of my house. There's a shared well about 400 yards away and every once in a while the power gets tripped and restarts rushing sediment into the kitchen. I drained and blew the lines out last year & got a soup can full of shnit.
Now, tomorrow I'll be back on my car. It should be warmer like 10 degrees

Low of 46 tonight. I had to turn the heat down. Climate control in the garage is more of a matter of protecting the shiny stuff (-tools, race car parts, firearms). An added bonus is wearing a t shirt in January.

I have one of these in a 28x32' building going on it's 10th winter:

It does a good job of keeping everything 50 or so on the low bulb setting. For another $50 there is an 8500W unit that has a thermostat.

If you look around these heater can be found much cheaper. You must have 220V and if you only have a 50A breaker turn off heater during welder operation.

I run a dehumidifier in my main shop 360ish days a year. The small/old shop doesn't get much traffic so the humidity stays in the high 30s low 40s all winter.

No follow up questions about the electricity bill lol

Low of 46 tonight. I had to turn the heat down. Climate control in the garage is more of a matter of protecting the shiny stuff (-tools, race car parts, firearms). An added bonus is wearing a t shirt in January.

I have one of these in a 28x32' building going on it's 10th winter:

[/URL][/URL]

It does a good job of keeping everything 50 or so on the low bulb setting. For another $50 there is an 8500W unit that has a thermostat.

If you look around these heater can be found much cheaper. You must have 220V and if you only have a 50A breaker turn off heater during welder operation.

I run a dehumidifier in my main shop 360ish days a year. The small/old shop doesn't get much traffic so the humidity stays in the high 30s low 40s all winter.

No follow up questions about the electricity bill lol
Okay, yeah Tim has one of those too & it works very well.
That's what I'll get on the way.

Okay, yeah Tim has one of those too & it works very well.
That's what I'll get on the way.

I found them on sale for 1/2 price and have now had the backup unit sitting in the attic for the last 7 years. I assumed it would be a 5 year unit at maximum.

Also, a secondary fan will help move the heat around.

I found them on sale for 1/2 price and have now had the backup unit sitting in the attic for the last 7 years. I assumed it would be a 5 year unit at maximum.

Also, a secondary fan will help move the heat around.
Is your building insulated & how tall are your ceilings or is it just roof ?

This was funny. I took a shower this morning and was looking at my wife's shampoo apparently the coconut oil separated from the shampoo because it's so cold upstairs.
I am enjoying this cold , I'm not even kidding.
I

-
Back