70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Why wouldn't it pass? We've all seen some pretty shady cages with stickers on them. Yours looks awesome.

My black duster is an old box style frame they did many many years ago. It may have been stick welded by a blind guys and it’s been certified.

I know a big thing they don’t like it’s weld grinding. Ugly is good, ground and cleaned up is bad. 360 degree welds are checked too by several of the cert guys.

I know a big thing they don’t like it’s weld grinding. Ugly is good, ground and cleaned up is bad. 360 degree welds are checked too by several of the cert guys.
I had two very nasty welds on the outside near the rear side window/ door jamb area where all 3 bars intersect. Even with a 1 inch long tungsten and short gas lens / cup I could barely get in there to Move some of the migstakes. It should be okay but to me it's isn't something I can say I'm proud of

Nice work so far. It does seem to take forever. No need to remove the roof however, even though it does make it easier. We just set the cage down through the floor after all tacked in. Welded up as much from the top as we could. Set the cage back up on the under car bars and welded the rest from in the car.

View attachment 1716216358

View attachment 1716216359

View attachment 1716216360

View attachment 1716216362

View attachment 1716216363

That looks like my buddy Rick’s old car. Used to have a 422 W5 motor in it.

Am I bringing donuts Sunday?? There is a place in town that has the BEST donuts around and I haven't had a fat pill (or two) since before my episode on New Years Eve so I'm due for a treat.

Plus the mutts will want a taste of donuts.
Yes please, donuts are most welcome

1709745131561.jpeg

Cage inspection is at 10:00 am tomorrow.
I went over the entire car 1 more time, remembered to box in 2 bar mounts.
Cleaned and blew out the garage...
Wiped down the cage & sprayed etch primer.
My welds past the liquid test which will show voids in the welds.
I should hope to have good news tomorrow morning, Tim is coming over so it will be a good time pass or fail lol.

Cage inspection is at 10:00 am tomorrow.
I went over the entire car 1 more time, remembered to box in 2 bar mounts.
Cleaned and blew out the garage...
Wiped down the cage & sprayed etch primer.
My welds past the liquid test which will show voids in the welds.
I should hope to have good news tomorrow morning, Tim is coming over so it will be a good time pass or fail lol.

Accidentally step on Tim’s foot for me and make him cry. He was mean to me on a post a couple of weeks ago.

-
Back