70 Dart getting paint

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Well the time has finally come.My 70 Dart is going to get some paint.Here are some pics of the car getting picked up.Should take a couple months.Maybe I will use this thread for my Darts progress.

John

faucet pics 111.jpg

faucet pics 112.jpg

faucet pics 115.jpg

John,

Your dart looks nice & straight. Great body :thumbup:,,,same color or color change?

Also, the exhaust manifolds look super. What did you coat those with?

Keep us updated with the progress. Really like to follow these threads. :happy1:

John,

Your dart looks nice & straight. Great body :thumbup:,,,same color or color change?

Also, the exhaust manifolds look super. What did you coat those with?

Keep us updated with the progress. Really like to follow these threads. :happy1:

This car is going to stay the factory color.
FY4 Light Gold Metalic.Will add the black bumblee stripe of course.

The manifolds are painted with Eastwoods high temp paint.Cast iron color.
Part# 10395Z
Have used it before on manifolds with great results.

Thanks guys.

JohnDart-
The car looks mean as heck on the trailer with the black wheels and chrome lugs!
Nice solid, straight body going in, should produce a beauty on the way out.
Best of Luck buddy!

George

Looking forward to your progress photos. Keep em' comin'!!!!!! toolmanmike

JohnDart-
The car looks mean as heck on the trailer with the black wheels and chrome lugs!
Nice solid, straight body going in, should produce a beauty on the way out.
Best of Luck buddy!

George

Funny thing about it is those are the thrasher rims and tires for painting,LOL.
I do like the black wheel chrome lug nut combo as well. That is how it is on my 65.

Thanks guys!

Here is a pic of the day I got the car home and a couple pics along the way
with different wheel/tire combinations..

Picture 149.jpg

Picture 414.jpg

Picture 396.jpg

Like that last pic, can't beat steelies and dog dishes!!! Good luck with the paint:cheers:

Thanks
Like that look alot to.I am in the market for another set of red line dog dishes,since a guy offered me more than I could refuse on this set.:-D

JohnnyDart, Your vinyl top looks really good too. Did you install that? If you did was it hard to do? Make sure you post the progress pics.

Looks really good J/D, so does the new motor WOW!

Yeah, please keep the pics updated as the body shop progresses.

I think I'm going to nix my beauty rings and repaint my steelies black after seeing your car with the dog dishes and white letters, it gave me something to look forward to on the swinger.

goodswinger71.jpg

JohnnyDart, Your vinyl top looks really good too. Did you install that? If you did was it hard to do? Make sure you post the progress pics.

No,
The previous owner had the new top installed.

Hopefully he wasnt trying to hide something.:-\"

Progress pics to come.

Looks really good J/D, so does the new motor WOW!

Yeah, please keep the pics updated as the body shop progresses.

I think I'm going to nix my beauty rings and repaint my steelies black after seeing your car with the dog dishes and white letters, it gave me something to look forward to on the swinger.

goodswinger71.jpg

Thanks alot !!
Actually have been checking out your Swinger since you got it. Nice car!!!
Dog dishes tend to make the car look mean

Can't wait to see the Dart. I like seeing a naked car going off to the paint booth.

ASK John or Adam to move this thread over to the members restorations so we can follow it better

OK,

John or Adam,can you move this to members restorations?

Guess I should have done that to begin with.

Progress pics.
The Dart is a week or two from paint.
I was going to go with the og color of light gold,but have decided to go with a high impact color (Green Go) instead. The painter is really stoked too,the gold wasnt doing it for him either. Cant wait to start piecing this car together !!!!!

faucet pics 228.jpg

faucet pics 230.jpg

-
Back