[SOLD] 70 Dart H code original 340 Manual Trans (Body Only) $3999 Located in Savannah GA

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
70 Dart H code original 340 Manual Trans (Body Only) $3999 Located in Savannah GA

340dart.jpg

As you may know, I buy parts cars and sell parts. Occassionally I get a car that's much too rare to cut up, even though it has a lot of valuable parts. As a policy, I try to sell those cars as projects before parting them out, even though this sometimes results in less profit.
340dart1.jpg

This is a 70 Dart factory 340 body. It came with a 3 speed on the floor manual transmission, manual steering, ralley dash, fresh air hood with factory scoops and hood pins, Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, Heavy duty suspension with front sway bar, 340 torsion bars, extra leaf springs, 8 3/4 rear and reinforced frame rails with torque boxes welded in.

340dart3.jpg

Despite the fact that it's uglier than the last girl to get invited to the Prom, it is really in pretty fair condition!
The quarters need replaced and there's a hole in the driver's side floor, but the rest of the sheet metal, the area under the hood, the frame rails and the inner fenders look very good. The trunk floor looks ok, but when you put a light under it there are a few small holes that need patched.
340dart15.jpg

As for documentation, with the help of members of this board, I recently assertained that this is a "numbers match" body. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=225301

There is no VIN on the radiator support (some 70 340s didn't have it there) but I found it on the trunk lip. I have the door VIN, the dash VIN and the body tag. I didnt get the interior so there's not build sheet. IMPORTANT NOTE: Georgia doesn't title old cars, so this car is sold with a bill of sale only.

340dart30.jpg

Back in December, a regular customer of mine fell in love with this car and had to have it! We agreed on 4k, although its worth more in parts. I have been holding it for him. Recently he got into some problems and can't get the cash. I need to either sell it or get it parted out in time for Carlisle in July. (The sheet metal and other parts will do very well there.) Again, I really don't WANT to part it out, so $3999 will take it all right now.

340dart4.jpg

If you are interested, here's a link to 30 pictures of the car.
http://gregpurcell.com/340dartpics.html
Feel free to PM me with more questions. It is located near Savannah, GA.

Please do not offer me less for the car UNLESS you let me take parts off of it. For example: If you had a good 70 parts car and you didn't need the sheet metal, or you didn't need the dash, or the hood or the rear, then I would be willing to give you a reduced price and I would keep and sell those parts. I'd really like to see this car stay on the road, but I still have to pay my bills!

nicely loaded

LM23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Hardtop

H0R: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Windsor, ONT, CAN

203376: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D13: 3 Speed Manual Transmission-Floor Shift
EF8: Dark Green Metallic Exterior Color
D2F8: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bench Seat, Green
EF8: Dark Green Metallic Int. Door Frames
127: Build Date: January 27
058853: Order number

EF8: Dark Green Metallic Top Color
A46: Moulding Package
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
M88: Decklid Moldings Treatment
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V8W: Tranverse Stripes, White

Y05: Build to USA Specs
END: End of Sales Codes

Some day I'd really like another '70 Swinger to restore. I miss mine so much, it was my first car. Unfortunately I barely have the time to work on my current project. Anyway, sweet car....Hope someone saves it!

I might add that there are some A body trades I could consider. I have an A body 440 4 speed setup ready to go in and I'm just waiting for the right body to come along. I'm still considering putting the mill in THIS car, but I'd prefer something that didn't need paint and bodywork and interior..perhaps a nice 6 cyl driver? Or maybe a painted roller?

I probably want to stay with 72 and older, Dart, Demon, Duster or late 60s Barracuda, but who knows?

Thanks again!

Man, that could be made into an awesome car. Too many projects and short on cash right now though. Tire shreading monster with a 408 and the 4 speed set up. Wish I saw this before I bought my last parts car. GLWS Greg. I was in Savannah in April, should have looked you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back