70 Dart, new in town

-

zombie dart

Reaction score
Hello all, figured I'd make an newbie post. Just picked up a 70 dart swinger. Supposedly has a 318 in it now, I have the original cracked 340 block. Needs some body work, but for what I paid, I couldn't be happier. I'll be around picking some brains ;) Like how in the world I'm going to get exhaust on the left side, right side has a glasspack and some crappy pipe, left side is open manifold. I'll get numbers off of it sometime. Hope y'all like green!! I have first startup vid after 15 years of sitting, but can't seem to get it uploaded.

Attachments

• dart 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 307
  • dart 2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 329
  • dart 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 369
  • dart 4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 301
That's a really nice starting point. Better than what my Dart started out at. What plans do you have for it?

Thanks fellas, I think the car is too original to hack it up much. Still has original radio in it, along with interior. Slow project to tinker with. I have too much other stuff to work on right now to just dive into it. Hey Robj, wanna trade? lol. Straight across would be fine by me. Seeing yours in good shape makes the green grow on me more.

Trade? Let me think for a minute... haha

It's the original F-4 green but when it came out of paint I thought, What have I done? It looked like an army staff car until I put the bright work and glass back on.

Looks like a great project you have. Whenever you can get more photos that would be great.

View attachment IMG_9836rs.jpg

I'll post the tag for it sometime, when i find what i did with it. The guy before me had it all decoded. I remember it said metallic green. I'll grab the g/f's i phone for pics sometime and throw em up. Check back for more, great looking car.

Welcome to a great site yes I love green too!

Attachments

• 1511538_680447828668937_7021341597359499277_o.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 261
Great to see more green! They look a whole lot better cleaned up. I like it. Probably just try to stick to keeping it fairy original.

Attachments

• dart interior 4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 236
  • dart interior 3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 235
  • dart interior 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 257
  • dart interior 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 229
  • dart engine 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 248
  • dart engine 1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 259
Very good starting point for your project. Much better than what I chose to start with. The green and black stripe looks good.

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

That car has the same interior as mine! Wonder why the engine is blue with a thermoquad on it? Maybe it ha a newer 340 in it.

Holy crap really? Buckets and all? I never see darts in my neck of the woods so I don't know if it's common or not. It has woodgrain in it, console auto. am radio. high back buckets. Green green everywhere. I was told it has an interceptor 318 in it. To tell you the truth, i haven't even looked at the block yet to see. Trying to make room in the shop for it. Not that another day would hurt it any worse outside after sitting out for 15 :)

Love the interior with the buckets. You've got a great project! I replaced the original bench in mine with one out of a '74 at our local pick n pull. It's the high back bench with the fold down arm rest. Just had the 74 front and the 70 rear redone to match. It had the low back bench originally. I love your buckets though.

View attachment seat 03.jpg

View attachment DSC_0578em.jpg

Holy crap really? Buckets and all? I never see darts in my neck of the woods so I don't know if it's common or not. It has woodgrain in it, console auto. am radio. high back buckets. Green green everywhere. I was told it has an interceptor 318 in it. To tell you the truth, i haven't even looked at the block yet to see. Trying to make room in the shop for it. Not that another day would hurt it any worse outside after sitting out for 15 :)

yes buckets and all i dont have my console in right now i am running a B&M shifter but i wish i would have the console still. guess ill put it back in someday seeing yours in really makes me want it back in more! yep green green everywhere!!

The guy I got it from had a sheet with the tag decoded. Maybe you guys could take a look and see if it looks right?
E70x14 RWL code + 76 raised white letter
F8 Dark green metallic/ ivy green metallic
N41 Dual exhaust system
N42 Chrome exhaust tips.
R11 Radio, solid state am
V8X Tail stripe X=black
Y05 Build to specs for usa order
EF8 Dark green metallic
C16 Console with woodgrain panel
C55 Bucket seats
M26 Mouldings, wheel lip
M43 Grille trim mlogs?
EF8 Dark green metallic
H6F8 Hig vinyl buckets Dark green metallic
Ef8 Dark green metallic
C16 Console with woodgrain panel
E55 a(70) 340 275hp 4bbl
D32 A 727 3 speed a/t
LM23 Dart swinger 340 2 door hardtop
H0R H=340 0 =70 R= Windsor, ONT, Canada

This is just off a sheet of paper he had written up. it has the ef8 on it three times.

That car has the same interior as mine! Wonder why the engine is blue with a thermoquad on it? Maybe it ha a newer 340 in it.

He said it had a 318 in it, and a '70-'74 318 is that color. Some '69 340s were also that same blue, and I believe all '72-'74 340s and 360s.

Well crawled around and got some block numbers. Looks like a 318 for sure. Didn't have a chance to get head numbers. 2536030-318-4 Thanks for the welcome!! i'll start a resto thread. Going to be slow though. Don't want to go dumping a whole bunch of money in it just yet. Playing catch up right now and coming off injury. :(

-
Back