70 Dart S6 to 383BB conversion - Cast Iron Manifolds

-
Thats about the going rate for those manifolds. Try searching for the ‘69-only 440 A body M code exhaust manifolds. That’ll give you a shock.
This is why I'll never get a rare car where i needed some super expensive original numbers matching parts.

Wow Guys. A lot of great tech here. Need to digest all of this and thank you all very much. You guys have forgotten more than I know!!

-Daren.

Fenderwell headers are nice and can often find used sets cheap. I got mine for $250 with nice paint on them still.

A body big block manifolds...

Thanks 71GSS. Much appreciated. Looks like the drop angles are a lot different from the b manifolds compared to the a body. I'm on a low budget and if I knew the b manifolds could work like you said I'd consider them I guess based on price.

Thanks 71GSS. Much appreciated. Looks like the drop angles are a lot different from the b manifolds compared to the a body. I'm on a low budget and if I knew the b manifolds could work like you said I'd consider them I guess based on price.

It is how we did dads 69 barracuda

20190615_173540.jpg

20190615_173551.jpg

Just have to trim the outer column and slide the bearing retainer back up. 2-3" inches needs shortened is all

20190615_194333.jpg

Thx 71GSS! So those are b body HP manifolds, right? Very much appreciate those pics! Looks like casting # 2849982-2 for the drivers side?

This is my opinion and my opinion only.
If your engine builder says that using stock log cast iron manifolds isn't going to hurt performance on a tunnel rammed big block with a cam in an A-Body, it's time to find another engine builder.
You will lose at least 50 or more horsepower alone using them with your set up.
Now, if the engine was dead stock, the hit wouldn't be so bad.

If I were you, I would look on BigBlockDart.com and do some reading, there is a lot of info on there about using stock manifolds versus headers (both cheap and expensive) and the fitment issues with all of them.

My brother back in the early '80s bought a '71 Duster with a mild 440 in it that had the exact manifolds that you pictured on it.
We swapped out them for some Hedman B-Body headers, and the difference was astonishing.
Sure, they were a pain to install, but the difference was night and day.

Thanks Dartnut. I'll check bigblockdart as well. Much appreciated.

2863900 right and 2946729 left is the standard 68/69 383 units. Hard to find and not cheap.

If you have them like my fish came with they are worth at least mid 7’s on the eighth guaranteed!

Thx 71GSS! So those are b body HP manifolds, right? Very much appreciate those pics! Looks like casting # 2849982-2 for the drivers side?

Yes HP manifolds. I believe the driver's side is 2843992-2 which would be 68-69 B body 440 magnum and 68-69 383 magnum.

-
Back