70 dart swinger 340 dash questions

-

Desert Fox

Reaction score
I'm new to Mopars, and I just acquired a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340. I have a couple of questions for you guys. Below is a pic I snapped of the dash.

First, can you guys enlighten me as to what the hole to the right of the radio is for. Obviously, something is missing from it. I'm just not sure what it is.

Secondly, I believe the thumb wheel radio was added to the car. Is there any sort of repro bezel or some such piece available that should cover the radio?

Any thoughts and comments on how to address these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DSCN2915.jpg

Welcome to FABO! That hole is for a cigar lighter, the 70 340 Dart came factory with a thumbwheel radio, someone cut yours for a different radio.

I thought the cigarette lighter was in the ashtray compartment. Guess I'll have to take a closer look at that.

my 71 has the cigarette lighter in the ash try...

You never know when you'll need to light two cigars at the same time. The car should have both.

And the radio is correct, and like 66 said, someone cut it to add an aftermarket radio, and then put the stock radio back later.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 172
Yep. Cig lighter. I could have 3 if I put one in the spot in my console.:toothy10:

You probably need a donor dash to graft something for the radio hole but it could be done.

-
Back