70 Dart Swinger, sell it? pictures

-

1970CUDA

Reaction score
Hi guys. Last year I purchased this from the original owner with 74,000 miles. This is your typical California rust free car, 225/column auto. The slant 6 is not running right now and I didn't plan on getting the engine running. The body is in excellent shape. I'd purchased some mint original scoops with perfect bezels. I also put ralleys on it. I still have small bolt front discs that I was going to install. Herein lies my dilemma. Somebody is interested in buying it as it sits but with the extra parts. What do you think? I really was looking forward to building a 340 Swinger clone. It sounds like a good deal, but a-bodies are getting tough to find these days. Thanks guys, Jim.

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00165.JPG

DSC00161.JPG

Whens the next time you will find another one in that good of condition?
I say build your car and have fun doing it!!!

:violent1: If you don't want to get rid of it- don't get rid of it- its your car. If your not going to do anything with it then it might be better to let it go- but just think what are the chances of finding another cream puff like that? And the prices are going up so even if you do find another one you might not be able to afford it. I'd personnaly keep it but I don't sell anything, just ask my wife? :violent1:

If I were you, I would not do it just for the fact that you stated, "thier getting hard to find". And that one is in great shape.

Our cars are out there, but I think the cream puff deals are gone.
You can thank the televised B&J Auctions that are on T.V.
Don't get me wrong I love watching the auctions, but your non-car buff
flips through the channels, catches a glimpse of how much these old
cars are pulling in, and think they have a $100,000 Vehicle.
I stopped to look at an old Pontiac station wagon the other day, I figured
500 to 1500. The guy tells me 8 grand!!!!
They should put the auctions on pay-per-view, I would order it.
Hang on to your Dart, if you can, if you sell it , you may be kicking
yourself in the behind. I am still kicking myself for selling my 69 Road Runner.

hang on to it! Build your 340 and then if you do decide to sell it, it will be worth more money then before! That way its a win win situation! Have fun building it and if you sell it more $ for you!

Every thing is for sale. You did't say how much the guy offered you? That is how you make your deceasion. There are more cars like that out there. I bought one that appears to be nicer than yours , with original untorn seats and new paint for 3000.00. ( 43,000 documented) So if you think you can make a profit and can wait out for another and turn a profit go for it . :salut:

Hey, thanks for the replies. I was offered $2700 for the Dart and including the disc brakes and hood scoops. I know there are other nice scores out there. They just don't happen too often to people like me who don't have a lot of resources or time to look. So, I do believe that a car like this won't fall into my lap when I'm searching for another one. It looks like I'll hold onto this one a little longer. Jim

I think you made a good choice! For $2700 I think he would have been getting a great deal, not you.

Here is what we did with my sons 72 Dart Swinger 318. We love the 340 Dart Swinger look so we gave it the look and dropped a .030 over 400 in it. Looks real stock and runs mid 11's. You know you want to keep it and build the car. Go for it ! Ron

22948023.jpg

good advice out there.Glad you are happy with your keeper. :notworth: 383man holding the family together. :sad2: thats grate

-
Back