70 duster getting some boost..

-
HDK, the Dillinger kit is great but I want my front to be inboard more like the hdk does.. and id like a rack and pinion so I can run a dragster pan..

wow, looks good, very nice work! I´m sure this will be a monster once finished....horsepower goals?

Michael

wow, looks good, very nice work! I´m sure this will be a monster once finished....horsepower goals?

Michael

thanks man.. its been a long road so far and still a long way to go..

in theory it should make 1100-1200 to the wheels, everything is there to do it..

thanks man.. its been a long road so far and still a long way to go..

in theory it should make 1100-1200 to the wheels, everything is there to do it..

I believe at 20psi you will hit those goals fairly easy. The key is keeping the Intake air temps as cold as possible. If you can do that you can crank the boost up and make a lot more than that.

I think it should do it fine.. 10.5:1 on e85 with a a2w the charge temps will be nice and cold.. the turbo will be sent in for the billet wheel upgrade before the car is running so the turbo will be there.. will have a glide so less resistance, my 9 inch has all lightweight expensive stuff in it to..

3.60 ratio

engine consists of:

R block with billet splayed 4 bolt caps
winberg billet 3.25 stroke crank
billet oliver rods
venolia forged pistons, ceramic coated

comes out to 339 cubic inches and 10.5:1

heads are ported w5
flow in the 320 range at 700 lift
Norris 1.5 rockers
cam is a custom ground bullet solid roller
m1 4500 flange intake converted to efi

will be ran on e85 and has a big a2w intercooler

car has a glide and will have a nice efficient converter to ..

Nice. That thing is going to fly. im building a twin turbo 416 small block with billet s475s in a couple weeks. its nice to see your going to drive it on the street and it wont be a trailer queen.

yeah I don't even own a truck or a trailer yet.. the goal is to drive it the 20 miles to the track go 8s and drive home.. maybe even break cert on the cage on kill..

brace for the front suspension, ties into the cage inside the car..

Did you check clearance with the front tires on? That tube is landed right in the path of the turning radius of the tire and is out off the frame a bit. On my 67 I landed it a little further forward than yours and it barely clears and it is tight to the inner fender, so tight that I had to modify the inner fender a bit. On my Scamp I landed it right at/above the forward K Frame mount.

Think yours is going to hit for sure.

This is my Scamp...

View attachment phpn20jUNAM.jpg

View attachment phpZSKHLdAM.jpg

Here is my 67....

View attachment phpRn9DqVAM.jpg

View attachment phpv6M1SWAM.jpg

Great build an all, but, how can you handle a stupid amount of power like this? What about those people on the street that are in harms way because you've got big balls? Don't tell me you aren't gonna get on it on the street.

Great build an all, but, how can you handle a stupid amount of power like this? What about those people on the street that are in harms way because you've got big balls?

With great power comes great responsibility.

Besides, I believe he said he would be racing at the track. It's easy to run lower boost on the street and just play with it like most of the other members here.

Hopefully he settles down after his last pass, it's real tempting to go from the pits to the street and proceed to meet your maker. Please be careful.

-
Back