70 duster

-

70abody

AZDuster
Reaction score
Hello
We are new to the forum we live in Southern Arizona own drive work on & love Mopar no later than 74..
My wife Owns a 70 Duster 318 / 727 almost finished .
Myself a W200 1974 .
We hope to help others with the same interest & ask for help when we need it.
Theres great stories and pictures & tons of information on the forum.

MAJORLY OVER POWERED AND RESPECTED.
Kitty & John

Welcome to FABO Kitty & John from another Arizonan. Glad you found us and post some pics when you can. :cheers:

Cool theres not enough a body owners in Arizona .
Will post pictures of the progress soon. .
What A body do you own ?
Kittys is a 1970 non matching # 318/ 727 deep pan - Edelbrock Performer manifold ,Holly single pumper 4 barrel , Headman headers, dual exhaust, Mallory unilite ignition 8 3/4 rear end and we are putting the ac back on too. It will be fun as a dayly driver.
Mopar or no car...
It was a 3 on the tree originally but now its a column auto. We have a 360 we are building for her in the future.
That will make her go .
Still looking for j or x heads but i believe we will find them right here near by from another Mopar cat.

Have a Mopar day....

Cool theres not enough a body owners in Arizona .
Will post pictures of the progress soon. .
What A body do you own ?
Kittys is a 1970 non matching # 318/ 727 deep pan - Edelbrock Performer manifold ,Holly single pumper 4 barrel , Headman headers, dual exhaust, Mallory unilite ignition 8 3/4 rear end and we are putting the ac back on too. It will be fun as a dayly driver.
Mopar or no car...
It was a 3 on the tree originally but now its a column auto. We have a 360 we are building for her in the future.
That will make her go .
Still looking for j or x heads but i believe we will find them right here near by from another Mopar cat.

Have a Mopar day....

looking forward to meeting and drooling at other Mopar owners cars who love them as much as we do.
Our problem is and we hope it's not is we are not restoration people we bought the car as a non matching number so we could build it our way.
All parts have been Mopar when possible except the 71 Challenger buckets and aftermarket headliner and rug , dash cap other parts in the interior though they match color and Year.
Hope that doesn't hurt any Mopar feelings.
Had our butt chewed on by a 75 Dart cat who has a beautiful complete matching restoration awesome but he was so turned off by our build he was sickened.
I think we as Mopar Muscle people should one be restoration types or hot rod types and still help each other..
Move Over People Are Racing
Kitty & John
Thanks for making us feel at home.

looking forward to meeting and drooling at other Mopar owners cars who love them as much as we do.
Our problem is and we hope it's not is we are not restoration people we bought the car as a non matching number so we could build it our way.
All parts have been Mopar when possible except the 71 Challenger buckets and aftermarket headliner and rug , dash cap other parts in the interior though they match color and Year.
Hope that doesn't hurt any Mopar feelings.
Had our butt chewed on by a 75 Dart cat who has a beautiful complete matching restoration awesome but he was so turned off by our build he was sickened.
I think we as Mopar Muscle people should one be restoration types or hot rod types and still help each other..
Move Over People Are Racing
Kitty & John
Thanks for making us feel at home.

WELCOME, that guy with the Dart would just die if he saw what I have done to an original 70 340 Duster LOL. Where is southern AZ, I'm in Chandler.

East side Tucson near Rincon valley area.
Chandler is close by .
Also he thought it was sacrilegious we took the drums off the front and put Duster
4 piston disc brakes on her. And right thread lug studs. sacrilegious i tell you man....
What work have you done to the 1970 340 Duster.
Are we allowed to talk about it here or do i need to go to a different forum .
For engine and build work ext.
Do you have pictures posted ?
would love to take a look.
John

East side Tucson near Rincon valley area.
Chandler is close by .
Also he thought it was sacrilegious we took the drums off the front and put Duster
4 piston disc brakes on her. And right thread lug studs. sacrilegious i tell you man....
What work have you done to the 1970 340 Duster.
Are we allowed to talk about it here or do i need to go to a different forum .
For engine and build work ext.
Do you have pictures posted ?
would love to take a look.
John

Just getting back to work on it after along layoff, and I'm pretty new here too. No pic's yet but as soon as I get rid of all the stuff in, around and on top of it and get it on 4 wheels again I will post a bunch of them.
As far as what I have done the car now has a Lambeck Preped 450 BB, with an ATI 727 reverse valve body trans and ATI 8" converter. The car has been back halved and 4 Linked and has a full cage. It also has all FG front end and doors, which are not on right now. It has Wilwood front brakes and JFZ rear's. At the present time I'm in the process of building a narrowed 9" (OMFG it's not MOPAR). Once that is done I have a couple of more small thing to do and then get it painted.

Sacrilegious man i tell you .. Disc brakes front and rear and all kinds of hop ups.
I love it it sounds like a chevys run away crying car.. Bow ties be in fear when you start it up...
Ford 9 i know people who swear by them.
Great to tub or set up for dragging.
big block A body wow....
Lots of trans work too.
Sounds awesome.
Our choice was to build a 340 6 pack.
But 360 engines are all over down here.
And they build up real nice.
and much cheaper.
Plus the 318 in her may run strong a long while yet .
Gives me plenty of time to build up a 360..
Mopar Forever
Forever Mopar

Theres two kinds of Mopar lover.
The bone stone stock types.
Then the stroker Hot rod Speed demon Speeding jack asses.
I fall into the later.

Pictures on gallery now.
I couldn't do it.
Had a friends help .
Not computer savvy.
Too many moving parts for the mechanic.
Please check out gallery and tell me what you think of the project.

1970 Plymouth Duster .
Laundry list ......
Motor mounts, transmission rebuilt trans mount.
hoses, belt . Valve cover gaskets. thermostat,tires ,71 challenger bucket seats new covers, dash cap , carpet , column , headliner, quarter panels,arm rests arm rest bases, door mirror, master cylinder , brake lines,rotors turned 4 piston kelsey hayes calipers, lug studs on one rotor so its all right hand thread. trans linkage , kickdown, plugs, plug wires 8mm. sending unit , sending unit ground, furelline,
kick panels deep trans pan to replace later.
I hope to be done. very very soon.

Manual fuel pump, rear view mirror ,ignition tumbler, door locks, stereo & speakers,
Also we send a grip of pictures and some didnt go through....
Downer.

Started the Duster after a month of work .
Man it sounds good with the headers & dual exhaust. .
Small block Mopars have a great sound.
Can't wait to get the other engine built with a little more cam & freshened up.
I hope to finish her up this coming week all but the body work.
Thanks for all the help i have wrote many times and the A body forum gurus are always willing to answer a question or help out..
John & kitty

-
Back