70 Swinger Door Glass Adjustment

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
So this may seem like a stupid question, but it has me scratching my head. Regarding the lower adjustment screw at the bottom of the vent frame, the one with the foam anti-rattle piece. I just don't see how this can adjust anything, the long screw and the vent frame are simply not attached, and are only held together by friction fit by the foam, the screw is free to move up an down in the slot if the foam is not too tight, so turning the screw from the bottom doesn't appear to actually do anything. Now if the two were attached(adjuster threaded into the frame) like the adjuster at the front of the frame, then I could see the frame moving up or down when the screw is turned. As it is, it just seems that the screw acts as an anchor for the frame at the bottom of the door.
Am I missing something here? Is it so simple and right in front of my face that I just cant see it??

The adjustment is out/in not the up/down action of the pin.

the pin slides through a u-shaped piece of metal that slides over a part of the door structure. The bolt on the pin simply clamps down the u-shaped piece and the pin anchors the bottom of the vent window to the door. That u-shaped metal piece can slide in (towards the interior) or out (towards the outer door skin) for the vent window angle adjustment against the A-pillar.

Last edited:
Slot for screwdriver is simply to hold it for tightening.

20240404_135200.jpg

The adjustment is out/in not the up/down action of the pin.

the pin slides through a u-shaped piece of metal that slides over a part of the door structure. The bolt on the pin simply clamps down the u-shaped piece and the pin anchors the bottom of the vent window to the door. That u-shaped metal piece can slide in (towards the interior) or out (towards the outer door skin) for your adjustment at the a-pillar.
Excellent, thank you for the clarification, it makes sense now.

-
Back