'70s Murray Wildcat bike project?

-
We could take up a collection to get you the numbers matching basket...
Only if it comes with an outfit as dashing as that girls.:D

Oh! and a wig.

It now has to be done. My sense of vile humor:toothy10:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bsbw1qCPGE"][/ame]

DarTT would you look like Justin Biber in a dress???

Makes me think I should get my bike done, not that I would ride it as I found out that a 20" bike is not conducive to a 45 year old rider. It is a Fleetwing Jetstar Super Deluxe, it is a three speed, the hub is dated 1970. If I remember right it was made in Germany and sold through Marshall Fields Stores.

Makes me think I should get my bike done, not that I would ride it as I found out that a 20" bike is not conducive to a 45 year old rider. It is a Fleetwing Jetstar Super Deluxe, it is a three speed, the hub is dated 1970. If I remember right it was made in Germany and sold through Marshall Fields Stores.

Was this a speed bike? I had a Blue one just like it.

I gotta say it.That bike is too far gone. You should really find a better starting point.They are still out there.

I gotta say it.That bike is too far gone. You should really find a better starting point.They are still out there.

I'm actually keeping an eye out for another starting point, but in the mean time, I'll see if I can work some magic on it. I kinda wish I had a welder so I could just build a frame

I wouldn't day that. I have pulled a bike from a lake. It was an old Schwinn mountain bike and only good part was the frame. I sanded all the rust off painted it and put GT avalanche parts on it. Then got some grateful dead stickers for the cross bars and a metal steal your face for the neck spout. I sold it for 500 and had less than 75 into it.

I wouldn't day that. I have pulled a bike from a lake. It was an old Schwinn mountain bike and only good part was the frame. I sanded all the rust off painted it and put GT avalanche parts on it. Then got some grateful dead stickers for the cross bars and a metal steal your face for the neck spout. I sold it for 500 and had less than 75 into it.

Lot of difference between a mountain bike and a girls 16 inch

Lot of difference between a mountain bike and a girls 16 inch
there's a lot of parts pretty available for these bikes, surprisingly. I'm gonna disassemble it and sandblast the frame and seat post. I think I am gonna do a springer front end.

Okay guys, I got some dis-assembly done. The seat post seams to be almost fused to the frame. I am gonna try and get a torch and see if I can break it loose heating it up when I can afford one.

I managed to get the pedal assembly to twist around, but it seems that the nut on it is impossible to grip with a crescent wrench so I am trying to think of a clever solution

jAZYsK4.jpg

Here's all the items I removed that I am gonna keep for reuse
Mq8dW4N.jpg

Ok' i just rescued a Dyno from the side of a mobile home, hasnt been ridden since 2001 and was in the same place the kid left it out in the elements. The seatpost was in fact fused (well, it seemed that way, AL post and cro-mo frame) so i cut it off and used a sawzall from the inside and cut The post wall to the frame. That allowed me to squeeze it with a pair of vice grips and break it free. The crank nut was in fact reverse threaded so dont kill yourself trying to loosen it going left, try right. If that fails, get a strip of metal And cut the end like an open ended wrench, then tack weld to the nut. Your going to replace it anyway. Same as headset or you could dremel cut the nut off. Remeber the gooseneck is a wedge fit, loosen the nut about .5 inches high and tap with hammer. Those New rust chelater dips Work like gangbusters, melts the rust right off, ie. Metalprep or rust-evaporator, rust911, etc. Remember Kramer riding the girls bike on Seinfeld? It was on last night ! Can you believe that...

they are fun to find!!! and restore. don't put much $$ in that one, girls muscle bikes are mostly used as parts doners for the boys bikes! I have several that i have found and restored. The first one is a sears screamer 1968 it was the first one found about two years ago, since i found it 3 others have surfaced. the last one is a GTR sidewinder sold in the general tire dealerships from 1968 to 70 made by CCM and named after the sidewinder tire sold at that time, this may be the only one in the U.S. that has survived, i know of one in Canada but it was repainted. the 24" muscle bike are nice to ride for us big kids.

Attachments

• done screamer 019 (1280x960).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 309
  • GTR Sidewinder done 004 (1280x960).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 240
  • AMC Thunderball 001 (1280x960).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 260
  • 68 spyder 24done 001 (1280x960).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 272
  • spyder 500 and screamer resto 001 (800x600).jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 306
  • mattel done 1 001 (1280x960).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 408
  • AMF WEDGE 014 (1280x960).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 497
I've been working on my Dad's old bike.
before and during...ordered some new whitewall tires, pedals and grips should be ready to ride next week...oh yeah and the Deluxe Hornet decals..to complete the chainguard.

Attachments

• IMG_0356a.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 178
-
Back