71 340 head choice (budget)

-
Rumblefish... What would you think then for heads? Indys look to be around 1300 with spring kit. The Aeroheads I was looking at are 499 stock then upgrades on that but I think they use Chinese valves and all that. Trying not to go aluminum and most people want crazy money for X and J heads that still need to be redone.

I actually have a set of big valve "J" heads, they have been ported and polished that have not been run. I decided to go with aluminum heads and have these heads ready to go.

They have been mildly ported and polished and have a new valve job. They are bolted on the engine now but as stated, have not been run. I would be willing to let them go if you are interested. I would even give a set of ARP head bolts as I am going to be using ARP studs with my aluminum heads.

These heads are fresh and bolt on ready. I also have a set of Mopar Performance 1.5 billet roller rockers I would be willing to make a deal as a package if you are interested. I do understand you are working on a budget and would be willing to help and work with you. Let me know...

I can get heads done cheaply, but as you note - cost and quality are tied together. If this is "the last engine" for this car, you might want to save a little more up and get high quality work done. In this case I'd run LA based heads. Not the Magnum stuff. IN terms of Comp stuff- I run a lot of it. The XE262 is in my truck. I think it's a good cam to run, and the Comp runs the cheap 901-16 spring. Another nice cam for a mild 340 is the High Energy 268. That will have some bump in the idle but I ran it for years and passed emissions back when I still had to.

-
Back