71 Demon at Top Gun Raceway (Take II)

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Had a nice HOT afternoon and evening at Top Gun Raceway in Fallon, NV.

Air was a dense 6900 feet went first arrived...

Got in line for 1st time trial and got front of staging and car would not fire...no sparkie...Lucky for me..but not for someone else the car that was just left the starting line crashed and flipped...driver walked away, but roadster was damaged. The down time allowed me to run ( walk) back to the truck and get spare msd 6al. I had previously configured the wires on it as the same as in the car...just remove 4 screws and plug in connectors..so I was able to get running before they cleaned the track of the wrecked car.

1st run was a 11.39
2nd run was a 11.36
3rd run was 11.34......temp had dropped into the high 80s ..air was down to 6300 feet.

Made to the semi which turned out to be the finals since the car that had the single into the final could not fire and was DQ. Car was very consist as it ran 11.33 twice on 11.32 dials and the driver was average...

So in the finals ....the drivers..screws up ..I was in the stage beams waiting for nova to roll in..i accidentally blipped throtle...and then hit transbrake button at the same time...car lurched forward but prestage and staged lights stayed on....it rocked my head and as i looked up, I missed the light... a stellar .200 reaction time...toast...chevy nova has a .075....so the runner up check is in the mail....

sorry guys, i have to ask (because i don´t know...:D): what does runner up mean?

Thanks for info!

Michael

sorry guys, i have to ask (because i don´t know...:D): what does runner up mean?

Thanks for info!

Michael

It means I lost in the finals....yeah better then a 1st round runner up...but I was on a roll...lol

-
Back