-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Droop69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Real "H" code 340 Demon. Original EL5 Butterscotch car, A31 3:91 gear car. Black & white Houndstooth bench seat interior. Automatic on the column w/full reverse VB with the original #'s trans. Correct re-cored #'s radiator, NOS fan clutch. Fresh 360 w/Eddy heads, TTI headers and Flowmaster exhaust. Very solid rust free original body panel car, with original fender tag and all body VIN numbers matching. No build sheet. I have the original #'s 340 block that goes with the car. New MT ET streets on the rear. PM for more pics and details. Thanks!

$ 22,000 Possible trade towards an original 70-71 Cuda 4-spd

Attachments

• DSC00594.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,343
  • DSC00576.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,323
  • DSC00587.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,354
  • DSC00588.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 2,318
slap a 72 hood on that puppy and you got my dream car

(not that there is any chance I can afford this car but...) I would love to see some interior pics

Very nce car but I have one question . Why does everyone install the stripes wrong? The fuel cap handle should be stripe color. Is it that they are made wrong? There is a left and right stripe for Demons. I installed many OEM stripes at the dealer in the 70's. I see these stripes so low that if you were to put the wheel well chrome on there would be no color between the stripe and the chrome. The cap is painted stripe color . A lot put the stripe over the cap and cut it.. The OEM stripes had the gas cap already cut in the stripe when you got them. Now you cut them out yourself and guys are using the left over piece for the cap.

Here are pics of cars with OEM stripes. Also note the rear stripes are centered above the center body line at the rear. And the lower stripe is a different thickness then the upper. The upper has more of an arch. Left and right as I said they are different.

Attachments

• spoiler pics 579.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,091
  • Picture.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,072
  • Picture 389.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,091
  • Picture 398.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 2,067
  • i11969.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,088
  • Picture 374.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,065
  • Picture 373.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 2,067
  • Picture 380.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,099
The stripe on the quarter to me is to wide, down to the top of the wheel well to far for sure , but can be fixed easy just change the rears .And why put a 72 hood on it , i see no point in that

The 72 scoop was on the one blue one here. The pic was taking in 1977. It was a GSS and didn't come with a scoop so I added it for fresh air. I also had a Sizzler With the same scoop and a Sizzler stripe in 1975. Car was bought at the dealer with the 72 scoop Dealer installed. Some of the 71 hoods had the access holes for the 72 scoop. Wonder why? This scoop was recomended by DC as the best air induction at the time for the street. Less resistance and best hieght for grabbing air. That is why the 72 Scoop is on the car. It was all about performance back then . Not originality. Look at the wheels that were on the car. This was a 340 car and had the Sizzler stripe also. Hmmm?

The Demon for sale on this thread is well worth the asking price. And every Demon restriped is done this way I was hoping for an answer from someone who makes the kits.

These posts alway's give the add a free bump. If that car was 4 spd it could be one I had. That is why I looked. Steve

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,984
damn... the stripe on the driverside of the blue one looks crooked. lol. sorry oldman.. hope nobody got hurt in that wreck. was that a six pack car? you said it was a gss, but if it sat at the dealer long enough to get a 72 scoop ...it might have also got the Paxton. that would be crazy rare.

slap a 72 hood on that puppy and you got my dream car

(not that there is any chance I can afford this car but...) I would love to see some interior pics

A few pics.

Attachments

• DSC00629.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,855
  • DSC00622.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,817
  • DSC00624.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,833
Droop that looks gorgeous
if you're ever inclined to sell it for about 1/4 of what it is worth (which is about my budget) let me know ;)

Something looks a little funky with the front seat backs. Looks like they put the left cover on the right and the right cover on the left. Could have been to match the stripes.

Really nice car. My brother had a Blue 72 that ran like a raped ape. GLWS

Something looks a little funky with the front seat backs. Looks like they put the left cover on the right and the right cover on the left. Could have been to match the stripes.
do you know why some most demons got the hood blackout border and a few demons did not have the hood border?

Attachments

• 71 Demon 340 (48).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,598
I'm going to redo my stripes this winter, they are worn.
That was very good information on the placement.
Consider this a BUMP for a very nice car!!!!

not to hack anyones opinion on where the stripes go but you may want to check some survivor cars before you take the placement as fact in the above posts.

no offence intended just check your sources.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Tough market out there right now. Not a lot selling.

If I hit the Lotto I will be knockin on your door. That is one BEAUTIFUL car.
I <3 her. GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back