-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlockBandit

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1971 Dodge Demon that I have decided to sell. I have had the car for twelve years, and it was a daily driver for several years before I moved to Utah from California. It will be missed, but after seeing it sit for the last five years, I have decided it is time for someone else to enjoy this car.
It does need some TLC - Nothing major, mostly cosmetic. I just don't have the necessary resources to give it what it does need.
It began as a slant 6 with a 3 speed floor shift manual, and is now sporting a very good running 318 with a 4 speed. The engine has Edelbrock heads, an Isky cam, Weiand intake manifold and MSD ignition. Yes, it still runs. I fired it up and ran a couple of laps around the block before I took pictures of it. I didn't even need to put air in the tires.
The body is in pretty good shape. A couple of minor dents and a little cancer in the rockers and quarter panels, but nothing scary. The floor pan is completely solid as well as the trunk floor. In the attached photos, you will see what appears to be surface rust on the quarters and trunk lid, but that is where the original metallic brown paint is showing through.
The suspension and k member are from a 1974 dart with factory disk brakes in front and polyurethane bushings throughout. I added sway bars front and rear and KYB shocks all around. It has the 8 1/4 axle in it with 2.76 gears, but I do have an 8 3/4 from an E body (I think) that goes with the car.
Other than the cosmetics, all it needs is a radiator, heater core, an idler arm for the steering, a light receptacle for the right front marker, fix the back up lights, a battery, oil change, new carb gaskets, and fresh gas. After that, I would have no problem driving it cross country.
I need to re-size the photos before I can upload them. In the mean time, all you have to do is ask, and I can e-mail them.
$5,500 buys it.

Sorry for the delay with getting the photos up. I never said that it was pretty, but it was a security feature in southern California.

Attachments

• 2013-04-21 11.54.08.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 821
  • 2013-04-21 11.59.29.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 824
  • 2013-01-25 12.22.18.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 846
  • 2013-04-21 11.56.37.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 811
  • 2013-01-25 12.20.59.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 801
  • demon2.jpg