71 DEMON SIDE STRIPES

-
I did the rt side to see how it goes. Ill mimic the lt side & where it falls on the gas cap well it is what it is. Thats the way aftermarket stuff goes
I did my first set on my Duster, at night, after installing flooring all day, to get ready for a Bros Memorial. Probably not the easiest set I picked out either, but they look kick ***! My friend, a Pro Bodyperson at Caddy and Mopar Builder from way back said I did good... im SURE you'll Nail it!

20211025_161825.jpg

Really following this thread, as it almost seems the stripes may not be correct in their size. As I hopefully in the near future be installing a set, I am hoping to replicate the correct way and end up with the correct positioning.

Really following this thread, as it almost seems the stripes may not be correct in their size. As I hopefully in the near future be installing a set, I am hoping to replicate the correct way and end up with the correct positioning.
Thread last night has FAXON repop Factory Assembly Manuals as key point. Shared is the stripe image of 70-71....

Well i took them off. The owners dad didnt like the way they looked. He told me he had a demon with the original stripes. He said no biggie he will by another set. Now that i know more about where and how they should go. Going to try again.

Well i took them off. The owners dad didnt like the way they looked. He told me he had a demon with the original stripes. He said no biggie he will by another set. Now that i know more about where and how they should go. Going to try again.
Well that Sucks! But, Maybe the next Round will better!

The top of the stripe should follow the top of the gas cap handle. The cap, along with the handle should be the color of the stripe.

View attachment 1716001672

View attachment 1716001673

View attachment 1716001674

View attachment 1716001675

View attachment 1716001676

View attachment 1716001677
I have 2 questions for ya When it comes to the tail panel stripe what is the distance between the top stripe and the bottom stripe between the tail lights ? Also is the tail panel stripe all one from factory or was there a bottom and top if so which on was put on first top or bottom ? Thanks

There is a top and bottom stripe. I'll get some measurements tomorrow evening sometime and see what one they put on first and the spacing. Here is another picture of the fuel opening I just found for reference for the stripes

20181007_132908.jpg

Top stripe is applied first and there is about a 1/2" gap between the stripes.
wonderful thank you the new stripes havent showed up yet the only issue i see is finding a black paint for the gas cap to match the stripe

I wonder if it's the paint they would have used for the blackout on the hoods? I think it's called organasol or something like that?

I wonder if it's the paint they would have used for the blackout on the hoods? I think it's called organasol or something like that?
I have sprayed organasol black. It is a textured paint. I came on the AAR cuda, T/A challenger hoods & some tail panels. The black on the demon hoods is flat black. No texture. Ill have to do some research. Hopefully i can find something local in a spray can

-
Back