71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
On the beach in Kalifornia...LOL...sunburn to top of my feet and ankles....

been here for 3 days....

heading home in the morning..

Back to work this morning....

Got a bend 8 3/4 housing in Dart....passenger side tweaked...

Talked to the Doctor this afternoon....waiting for his return call to fix our Diff.....

as suspected the passenger side from the ladder bar mount to the end flange had a good twist to it....axle was a PIA to get out plus the coil over shock did not want to Unload and come off...

Got the lower shock mount coming from Jegs already...need to call Chassis works to get ladder bar axle mounts....emailed them...they said call for order those as they are not listed in on line catalog..

and North Dakota called this morning...emailing me a Job offer...

dam lousy timing...LOL

Got a new Dana 60 ordered for Tonya Dart......3 weeks....

Heck yes! What gear ratio? Does it come with the ladder bar brackets already installed?

No brackets....

stayed with the same 4.56 gearing...

Actually worked on the 71 Fuster today....picked up a fuel pressure isolator kit a few weeks ago...finally got the fuel pressure gauge somewhere you can actually see it while you are in the car.

Is "Team Tony" going to be at the next sat/sun points race?

Is "Team Tony" going to be at the next sat/sun points race?

2/3 of the team will be...

We did not go last weekend due to the wonderful experience we had last year with other group of cars that were racing....it was an endless weekend....so we skipped the race....

I am probably going to be in Sacramento that weekend...so the girls will be on their own..

Then today after getting the schedule for next weekend ...I email the track and complained...

They are starting the races a couple hours earlier this year on Saturday...3 pm vs 5 pm...and we are forced to run time trails between JR Dragster eliminations which means we sit around waiting until they are parked in the pits...therefor we are not saving anytime....I was told that a pre season meeting this was agreed upon...Pretty funny...Cause I was at the meeting too....dont remember that subject....

As you seen they have changed...you get to run for the money or make your second time run but not both....so where as we used to get 3 time runs and a run for the money if you wanted to pay 20 buck....next it was 2 time runs and a run for the money...NOW ...it is 2 time runs including the runs for the money....

It is a hurry up and get done so we...the track can go home....

yeah I'd been a way for a few years, but noted those "early" gate times during the hot summer months.... and so far they have run NO time trials in between the JR rounds like they said. We pretty much just sit until they are over :(. I have the W8 bolted in waiting for a header appointment, but am considering throwing the 360 back in to make the 2 day race.

We usually start racing at night in April....but then again...we have a new track manager...and someone told me they dont want to pay the crew for any longer then they have too....lol

Slow week....waiting on shipping of the Dana....

Not going to Sacramento this week...will be at races with kids Saturday and Sunday...suppose to be a hot one this weekend with temps around 100 on Friday Saturday....

Might take the Duster to TnT on Friday night ....maybe bump up the timing a few degrees to see how it responses...set at 34 now.......trying to get it to 60 ft a little better.....

The combo is very similar to the 71 Demon...probably the same racing weight too...same converter..gears......Demon is .04 faster to the 60 ft...and Duster is usually around 1.52...

so something to play with...probably do a cam change this fall ...after the season is over...

and hook up my LM1

put the 360 back in sunday. See ya this weekend.... with LOTS of water!!

Bought 26 gallons of E85 this afternoon..... 95 dollars.... 3.65 a gallon....

the 100 octane racing gas in the pump next to it was 8.00 a gallon... ...

suppose to be hot this weekend and then cool off some on monday...should reschedule the race to Monday...lol

110 in my trailer loading the car after work today :) One of those days I'm glad my wife wanted a pool!

Took the Fuster to the TnT tonight...Daughter had school...SO I figured I would put a few runs on it..

1st pass... 2nd pass 3rd 4th

60' 1.506 1.531 1.509 1.506
330 4.454 4.493 4.453 4.452
1/8 6.972 7.014 7.086 6.968
mph 97.01 96.98 63.45 96.94
1000 9.173 9.216 11.732 9.168

1/4 11.055 11.092 15.380 11.050
mph 119.37 119.71 63.22 119.36

2nd pass I bumped the timing from 34 to 36....plus the engine was alot warmer due resetting timing problem...yeah...f**king timing light...

3rd pass...timing back to 34 degree....car got too close to the wall for me...so I got out of it...but my 1/8 speed and my 1/4 speed...pretty close to each other...LOL....60 ft time and 330 time look another 11.05 run..

4th pass...after letting it cool off...runs straight ...

Tonight air was a wonderful 5100 ft....can not wait until tomorrow....

Demon and Duster made it home with nothing broke....

Saturday.....hot and windy...

both girls should have won the 1st round....

Duster had .020 light to opponents .223 light....dialed 11.13 ran 11.10 as dad was jumping up and down saying dont break out cause i could see the other car was late on the light...

Tonya and Demon....had .04 better light......60'...330..and 1/8 timer shows she was on a 10.88 run as dialed...but something happened over that last couple hundred feet and car slowed to a 10.98 @ 117...almost 5 mph slower....she thought something was wrong with engine....Had her fire it up in pits...engine sound fine...

Sunday morning I pulled valve covers check valves.....and checked plugs everything looked good....1st pass 10.83 @ 122...second pass 10.82....dial 10.82 and runs 10.79....LOL...

Christin and Duster red lights...and run 11.11 on 11.13 dial......was happy to get out of that GD heat....hate these Saturday...Sunday races....and racing during the day....several people bitched about racing during the day on Saturday...

Still waiting on Dana for Dart...another week before it ships...

I was on the losing end of a double break out.... 11.05 on 11.12 dial. (where the L did that come from?????) would have loved to seen a weather station on that one...

tail wind....LOL.....

yeah..saw you were the 1st pair out....brave man....lol

-
Back