'71 Plymouth "Scamp"

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife needed a new car so the Scamp went, I just got the modified thermoquad back from Demon Sizzler the day the guy came to get the car too.. All that was left was suspension work and it would have been done.

The dart just needed exhaust, brake lines and the glass installed and that would have been done. Unemployment over the winter claimed that one.

The next car will have to be running and driveable when I buy it, I've gone 5 years with no driveable A body. I cant do another 2 year long build.

I should have the wifes van paid of in 6 months, To bad I had to take a 5 year loan out for my subbie.

Man I hear ya...I sold my Hemi Orange '67 Dart last fall. Also due to unemployment. It sucked. Last time I drove it was up onto Phil's trailer before he hauled it away to NY to the new owner. I put alot of blood/sweat/tears into that car. My heart sunk when I watched it pull away.

I'm lucky my Dad went in on this Scamp w/ me in April. It got me back in the hobby. I love it, but we really want a 68 Dart or a Demon...

I can hear mater(from cars) singing Adam and scamp up a tree somethin,somethin,somethin ing.

Guys here's a few more fresh pics from yesterday. Some wanted to see more pics of the top. As you can see it's in nice shape....

Also, I finally got around to making up a new set of plug wires I've been meaning to do. I just never liked the OEM replacement set that was on there...too long and not neat/tidy. So I made a set from 8.5mm black Summit wire and boots...it was the first set I've ever made, it was actually pretty easy. I'll never buy another "universal" set again! Looks nice/neat now...

Also, here's a link to a YouTube video I shot so you can get an idea how it sounds etc...FYI, the old wires are still on it in the video...

Link:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQrz2EZFUKo"]YouTube - P1000280[/ame]

Thanks!

You may want to re-post the pictures. The they disappeared with the server crash.

Thanks Adam...got nice spot picked out w/ fall foliage I'm going to clean her up and take some fresh shots hopefully Friday! I'll post them up when I do it...

Attachments

• Email 3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 389
  • Email 6.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 377
  • Bumble Bee stripe 4.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Email 5.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 399
  • Email 2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 399
you only have so long to edit a post, If you had links to them from another site like photobucket I could do it for you.

It kills me that I cant come up with the money to buy this thing.

I have a Photobucket acct...but only a few pics on there. Tried uploading via URL but got an error...

Bump...reduced $8500 OBO...would like to sell, but not going to give it away. Give me a shout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back