71 Repaint original color or fj6 green go

-

Kbharley

Reaction score
I have a barn find matching numbers 1971 318 dodge demon. Original color is dark bronze metallic but I hate the color.
Should I Repaint it the original color or paint the car fj6 green go?
I plan on keeping the car

Wrong person to ask. I like browns. I have two cars. T7 and T8.
My general rule is to always stay with the original color unless it is a total rebuild AND it really doesn't affect the value of a car.

If you are planning on keeping the car and doing go fast upgrades (motor swap, manual trans, rear gears etc.) then I would paint the car how you want it to be. Go Green is a pretty sharp color! If you don't like the looks of the car no matter what you do to it, you will always dislike the car.

I'm in that boat with my 64 Barracuda, almost to the point where I am shopping it to sell. Just can't get into the dang front clip look.

I'd do FJ6 Sassy Grass but I am partial to the color growing up with a factory FJ6 '71 Duster.

There are a couple of colors I really don't like.
It would be a hard call for me too if it was one of those colors.
You could sell me the car.
I'm only half kidding.

IMHO the brown, bronze, and orange metallics that Mopar used in the '60s and '70s are some of the coolest colors ever seen on cars. I think the "mod" colors like that green are too overplayed. You hardly ever saw one that color back in the day, but they are all over the place now.

It is your car do what you want

Me personally would not go green

Seen the white duster for sale here and think it would look good white

I like some of the browns, not sure what color that is

I have the Tawny Gold and do not like it. Since this is my only Dart and I am going to be buried in it someday it will be FC7...

oh man that green is so overdone these days. the thing will just blend in with all the other bright green cars now..

if you are worried about it being original and resale then keep it original. if not change it. its your car whats it matter what anyone else thinks??

oh man that green is so overdone these days. the thing will just blend in with all the other bright green cars now..

if you are worried about it being original and resale then keep it original. if not change it. its your car whats it matter what anyone else thinks??

I agree with all of this. Eventually when I get to paint I am going with a vibrant color that is not Mopar... not even automotive. But I like different. Bottom line is you dont like the current color. do what YOU like. I love the impact greens but they are way overdone.

Anyone have pics of this dark bronze metallic? It sounds like it's a cool color, not likely seen often?
I prefer to keep a car it's original color.

I painted my Dart a lime green with a light gold pearl (tri-stage). It doesn't fit the norm but that's what I wanted.

I have a barn find matching numbers 1971 318 dodge demon. Original color is dark bronze metallic but I hate the color.
Should I Repaint it the original color or paint the car fj6 green go?
I plan on keeping the car

Since it's not an original 340 Demon, you can't really hurt the value much by doing a color change. You said you want to keep it, so value doesn't really factor into the equation anyway. Paint it Green Go if that's the color you want. You can paint it yellow with pink stripes if you want to.

Remember this: It is YOUR car.

1)I have a barn find matching numbers 1971 318 dodge demon.
2) Original color is dark bronze metallic
3) but I hate the color.
4) Should I Repaint it the original color
5) or paint the car fj6 green go?
6) I plan on keeping the car

1) not going to add a ton of value unless it was a 340 car
2) average color that looks good when fresh and all polished up
3) Your answer
4) see #3
5) see #3
6)then #1 and #2 #4 #5 all go back to #3

I'm goin with fj6 green
It's true I wouldn't be happy with redoing the original color
Maybe it is played out but I rarely ever see any mopars near where I live
And the ones I've seen aren't a bright green. Saw a 67 coronet in the dark green, a 68 roadrunner in light gold poly, and a 69 roadrunner in white

K6 Dark Bronze on Dodges, K6 Autumn Bronze on Plymouths. Beautiful color if you ask me! Sorry no Demons, but look...
large_1971+Plymouth+Barracuda+-+Autumn+Bronze+Metallic%2C+GK6+-+fvr.jpg

71d.jpg

RMoyer71Duster.jpg

Had a autumn bronze cuda and it was a good looking color. I agree green is over done.

I say look at that bronze color with new paint. then decide. personally I like the bronze mainly because to ME its pretty, uncommon, and so many cars came with the lime slim green, the purple, the B5 blue etc. and to me some colors seem to look better on cartain body styles? I like the bronze on the 70 up A's. just me......

-
Back