-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my 1971 Scamp. Let's get the to do list out of the way first. Rusted drivers quarter and missing passenger quarter trim. Stock 2 bbl Rochester has been rebuilt, but not satisfied and still have to prime occasionally. Gas gauge not working (sending unit). No rust anywhere else on car. Solid, with very nice glass, trim, seals, paint, and vinyl top. Interior is great with only stitching out under drivers butt. Dash pad, door panels, package tray all perfect. Second owner 318 car, factory equipped with 8 3/4. New rear suspension, very original car with 60,100 miles. Has buildsheet and factory hubs. Asking $4500 OBO. Please call after 3PM. Thanks for looking. More pics @ www.flickr.com/photos/chancefam4View attachment IMAG0247-2.jpg

View attachment IMAG0258-2.jpg

View attachment IMAG0265-2.jpg

View attachment IMAG0252-2.jpg

Topeka, KS. Working on a 68 Dart that kinda took this car's place and need to sell it to make room. Not real happy with the idea, but it has to go to someone else.

Bump. 3 days and no interest. 9 months on Craigslist and no offers. Does no one want a low miles, V8 8 3/4 Scamp? I'm selling it so I guess I don't either! Ha! It's a shame because it's a nice car and I'm open to offers. Thanks for looking.

I wish you had this car for sale last May.This is what I was really looking for a 70-72 Swinger or Scamp.I ended up buying a 56,000 mile slant 6 1971 Duster for $4K and put another $3k into it.At that price I can not believe you have not sold it yet.Maybe I need to sell mine and buy yours.

Attachments

• dus whel 001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,104
The car looks really clean, if it was on the east coast it would sell easy.

The main problem I see with your add is the extremly poor photos that show no detail.
A couple of tips, do not take pictures in the sun light, buy a decent camera, they are cheap and know how to use it.
More photos of the interior, exterior, underside of the car.
Let any buyer know of any issues, you mentioned the seat, take a picture of it.
If somebody wants a close up of a specific area, there is a reason for it, they have either had a problem with the same area, or the car is know to have a problem in that area.
If the car is nice it will sell itself.

I love the car Andy......Had a blue 71' 318 auto for a short time in the 70's. Sadly i'm in no position to buy now :sad8:. I assume it's a 3spd car, since it has the 8 3/4 rear?

See what I mean with the quality of the photo that 6383GTs just posted.

Direct sunlight will kill a photo and make everything look shaded.

I had a Scamp and had it so long that I just could not sell. Very hard sell. I traded it on here and got ripped off but whatever...that's life. Anyways, a local guy has one with 79k miles on it. He wants $19k for it. What an idiot.

I've never seen any Scamp bring anywhere near that. I wish you luck and I really dig your car. It being a 318 car is a plus though.

Yeah, website I posted has 25+ photos detailing all of the issues. I don't think photos suck, but I guess if someone was going to drive hundreds of miles they would need total honesty. I am an honest person, but have been jerked around a fair amount with this car. Yeah, 3 speed 904. $19K should be able to get you 3-4 restored Scamps!

I think it's a nice specimen; looks good, sounds pretty decent, interior looks pretty good, and a fair price. I know I can't swing it though.

If it was on the east coast it would be sent to the crusher years ago. It is worth the money to ship and not to deal with rust.
Jim

From your photo, it look like you have doing a lot of dealing lately, so I understand that you probably cringe at the sight of rust right now. As I said, patch the quarter and the rest of the car is rust free. Trunk pan, floor pans, rear window, rockers, fenders - all rust free and still wearing bright factory paint.

I wish you had this car for sale last May.This is what I was really looking for a 70-72 Swinger or Scamp.I ended up buying a 56,000 mile slant 6 1971 Duster for $4K and put another $3k into it.At that price I can not believe you have not sold it yet.Maybe I need to sell mine and buy yours.

How much would you sale it for? I'm looking for a 71 Duster.

v/r Ron

4000 OBO, but leaning toward firm. It's in my one car garage and I can't even breathe in there. Need to find a buyer so I have room to start Dart project. C'mon everybody, it's a V-8 with a 8 3/4 factory. That oughta be worth 4K right there in the condition it's in. Shopping for these parts individually now and the prices are up there. Thanks for looking. posted on craigslist KC

When it takes a long time to sell something, it is usually priced too high. I think here though, the economy is your culprit. It's a nice car. You should be able to get your asking price, but I am afraid it is going to be difficult right now. I wish you luck.

Looks like a nice car. Take that spare tire out of that trunk and show off that rust free sheet metal.

4000 OBO. Will take more pics, including spare tire well, if it means a sale. Will have car in N. Topeka at the Pad for 10-26 cruise night. May be last chance of year to show locally before the weather turns.

I know it sucks to have to sit on it, but don't give it away. Not much around here is selling right now. It's definitely worth the money you're asking for it, but it may take some time.

A very nice car, you might generate more interest with some nice wheels, nothing fancy when I was thinking about selling my dart I could not get an offer with steel wheels and caps. Put on a cheap set of US wheel modulers and farm fleet tires and started getting some offers. Got up to $3750 and I decided it was not enough and kept it. Alot of guys that like old cars are not purists and will go for something old and nice looking wheels help. Don't know your budget but even some swap meet specials may help get you some more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back