'72/'73 904 cooler line size

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hi di i kinked one of my cooler lines so i was gonna go and bend up a new line, but i stupidly forgot the line at my friends property. the part on my radiator is 5/16" i that(it dit on my 727). so can anyone help me with what diameter to get and maybe around what length to to get. oh i forgot to mention it came out of a 904 /6 duster and its goin int he same duster with a new /6 and a 904 from a '72 /6 dart and a v8 radiator. just realized i got a Frankensteins monster driveling lol.

iam sure most chrysler cooler lines are 3/8 dia. steel brake tubing. no NOT use copper. if you have to use hose. it must high pressure hose. in a 1967 727 the cooler pressure can be as high as 230-260 psi. in rev. all other gears are much lower than that. of course the rev band comes on in rev. but it all so comes on when you pull the gear shift lever to 1.st gear. then 1st gear has engine braking when letting off the throttle. with the gear lever in drive in 1 st gear chrysler calls it drive-brakaway. with NO engine braking.

well now you got me to thinking. i do know that the factory manuals does not that kind of info. i dont have car near to check it out.

-
Back