'72 Dart, 27k original miles

-

Scat Adams

Really doing it Harry
Reaction score
Hi! I've been on this site for a while but never introduced myself. Here's my '72 Dart that I've been working on with my dad for the last 10 or so years.

The car was owned by my grandad's business partner, who bought it new for his mother. Its a 318 automatic, ps, factory air, drum brake, bench seat with 27k original miles, my dad and I purchased it with about 22k miles on it in 2002, it had been sitting for about 10 or 15 years. We have everything from the original invoice to the stock hubcaps.

photo-2.jpg

photo-4.jpg

The car is in excellent shape and has the original vinyl top. The interior is immaculate and the car was painted in 2005. We've since added an eddy 4 barrel 600 cfm carb with matching dual plane intake and air cleaner, dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers with '340' style chrome tips, rallye wheels, Koni adjustable shocks all around and little things like new master brake cycliner, alternator, spark plugs etc...

Glad to be part of this awesome community!

:thumrigh:

Welcome to the site ! Nice 72 you have there and I'm glad to hear that you've kept it in the family .

Welcome! That mileage is quite astounding!

Welcome!
I sure would like to have that car, along with many others on this site.......

And you win a.......................BRAND NEW CAR!!!! LOL

Thanks everyone for compliments!

Looks like the Dart needs a new gas tank, so thats the next thing on the list! I'll also post some more pictures of the other Mopar's and classic cars in the family.

Cheers!

Welcome, terrific find, well done, hope you can give us a look at the rest it! There might be some factory clues that we can learn from your car.

Beautiful car! LOVE it! I like the color too, don't see too many around in colors like that anymore. Fortunately, on these cars, the gas tank swap is easy, maybe about an hour tops. Have fun!

So I never got around to starting a build thread (If you can even call it that on this type of car) but recently got the AC blowing cold and put on a new idle arm. Hopefully getting the rear stripe on this week. The interior needs new dash vents installed, I have the two matching tan vents but I don't really want to remove the dash to install, any insight? I've thought about dremmeling out the old ones and just double side taping the new ones in. Also installed a new windshield wiper reservoir and a few other small things.

Heres a few recent pictures;
Unknown-1_zpsbacbe84e.jpeg

Unknown_zps44694d24.jpeg

photo3_zps00e5ee99.jpg

Also looking for a nice set of matching floormats so I can get rid of the all weathers that are in there now.

Cheers FABO!

I don't think you have to remove the dash to change the vents if they will clear the windshield coming up . I've never tired.
But you would have to take some things out of the dash to get your arms up in there to remove the nuts on the plastic studs.
It would be a PITA for sure, but with that nice interior I can appreciate wanting to sweat the details and have it perfect.

-
Back