72 dart front runner sizing ?

-

GREEN GHOST

Reaction score
I currently am running factory 14x6, 4" bs ralley rims on the front of my 72 dart with tires measuring 26 1/4" tall x 9" wide. I bought some 15x4, 1.75" bs front wheels that I would like to mount skinny hoosiers on measuring 27 x 7.2 . Seems like with my current wheel tire combo the total distance from hub out to fender is approx. 6.5". The new set up with the hoosiers will be slightly taller but only approx. 5.85" from hub to fender. Does anyone know if I'll be able to get away with running this set up and not rubbing ? I really don't want to step down to the 26" hoosiers as they will only be about 25.5 tall and look very sunken in the wheel well. Thanks in advance

Well, You could play with ride height adjusting the Torsion Bars if you have a clearance issue.
I had to trim the front lower edge of the front fenders of my 67 Dart for a 27'' tire.
Another is the front fender strut can be moved in or out to gain clearance .

We trim the front edge of the fender and make our own fender strut = It is easy
we rum 29 1/4 or 28 tall front runners with the nose very low on bars.

Well, You could play with ride height adjusting the Torsion Bars if you have a clearance issue.
I had to trim the front lower edge of the front fenders of my 67 Dart for a 27'' tire.
Another is the front fender strut can be moved in or out to gain clearance .
Do you know the width of the tires & bs of the wheels ? Thanks

We trim the front edge of the fender and make our own fender strut = It is easy
we rum 29 1/4 or 28 tall front runners with the nose very low on bars.
Wow thats a pretty tall tire . . Lots of trimming ?

Wow super glad I cranked the wheels in the garage, literally 1/8" from the top of tire to center of wheel well lip. Even though they are sunken in more the 27s would be to close for comfort I think . . .sucks the 26s are unavailable for the time being

The more Back Spacing you run = the more clearance you will have
Try to find 2 3/8 or more Back Spacing not 1 3/4 o 1 7/8

The more Back Spacing you run = the more clearance you will have
Try to find 2 3/8 or more Back Spacing not 1 3/4 o 1 7/8
Unfortunately i only had the option for the 1.75bs on 4" rim

Some pictures of the clearance now, the whole wheel / tire would be sunken 3/4 further in. Not sure if that will give me the clearance needed for an additional 3/4" total of height . . .would be very close
20211221_072735.jpg
20211221_072721.jpg

Also my oil pan has only about 3" of clearance feom the ground now , the 26" hoosiers are actually about 25. 6 & the 27" are a true 27. I really wouldn't want to reduce the ground clearance any further

-
Back