72 Demon, 340 4 speed, manual steering, headers?

-

pete9857

Reaction score
Ok, who makes a set that will go in with no BS.? If you recommend a brand, do you have a part number? I've had race cars years ago, but can't remember what I used.
Thanks

Part numbers? Modify it in what way. The engine is out, so I only want to do it once

Dude. Go to the TTI website & read what they tell you. We are happy to help. But not do your homework.

Hooker 5204's. first time will take you 2 days to install. after awhile, you can do it in your sleep. no mods to z-bar. did use solid mounts for the engine...

Dude. Go to the TTI website & read what they tell you. We are happy to help. But not do your homework.
I did, but there's always a catch. That's why I wanted to deal with people who used them. I've built Mopar race cars over the years. 40+. Now I don't like doing things twice! This will be my last car I build for myself.
Thanks for all the help.

TTI's, TTI shorty's, or Doug's D453's. Everything else I've seen is a waste of time and money.

The TTI long tubes and the Doug's D453's both require this modification to the z-bar, or you have to buy TTI's Z bar.

screen-shot-2016-09-08-at-1-01-24-pm-png-png-png.png

The TTI shorty's claim they'll fit with the stock 4 speed linkage. Didn't get that far, so I couldn't tell you. I did a little more than half an install with the TTI shorty's on my Duster (demon clone) with a 340 and 4 speed. After I got about half way I realized I was just trading tight spots in a few places for tight spots in a few different places and I swapped my Doug's D453's back on. Personally, I think the Doug's are better headers than anything TTI makes. My write up on my install and swap back is here...My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

And with that said, I will also say that both the TTI's and the Doug's will probably need some kind of dent or ding to fit your car. Some folks get lucky, most don't, and when they clearances run as tight as they do with any of those headers there's bound to be some that will need modification because none of these cars are identical, and neither are the headers for that matter. I mean, they're all close, but the clearances are really tight. There are cars out there that TTI's will fit without modification, there are cars out there that Doug's will fit without modification, and there's no rhyme or reason to which ones fit what. Most of them take some tweaking.

-
Back