'72 Dodge Dart Swinger

-

nub340

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I have a '72 Dodge Dart Swinger which I originally bought for my first car when I was 18 (18 years ago now - wow I just realized I've had my Dodge for over half my life!) :burnout:

Over the years I made all sorts of modifications to it but currently it has a custom built 340 motor, 727 trans, 8.75" locker rear-end w/3.73 gears (basically setup for drag racing). I never spent too much time or money on the body or cosmetics though and thus allowed it to deteriorate pretty badly. Still runs like a champ but is in dire need of bodywork and a paint job.

With that said, I'm in the early stages of my v2.0 Dart rebuild and hope to finally give this badass machine the treatment it deserves... wish me luck!

goo luck-- post up some pictures!! There are members here who have tried many variations-- you will get some wanted & unwanted advice!!
WELCOME!! Lawrence

Welcome, I'm in the same shoes, 72 dart swingerbuild, I've had it for 16 years now. Great info here, super people on FABO :cheers:

6r8mBRJ.jpg

q9QEPQa.jpg

lTlYHT7.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Since you asked, here's a few pics I took just before I fired it up for the first time in 5 years. As you can see I def need a new quarter panel (don't ask). The bumper can prob be repaired but we'll see. My immediate plan for now is to strip it down completely and find a good local body shop to bring the empty shell to for blasting, bodywork, paint and fitting etc. Anyone know of a good spot around venice, ca?

Welcome from Pismo. Might try a separate post,just for a body shop in that area.

-
Back