-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojoluv

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a nice little Demon street/strip car that I am considering selling. This car started out as a clean bare-bones slant 6 car. It has 42K original miles on a clean rust free body. The car was sold new right here in Louisville, Ky and was lady driven up until the mid 80's when it was involved in a minor front end accident. It was parked in the garage until a few years ago when it was found and work began to transform it into a healthy street car by a fellow board member here. The car was repainted its original tawny gold color. It went to Jack Brown Engineering for a 10 point chromoly cage and cell. The car has less than 100 miles on the complete new drive-train. It has a 360 that is stroked to 408. Eagle crank and rods with Ross forged pistons. Edelbrock heads and Airgap manifold. It has a .630 Crane roller cam with Crane gold race 1.6 rockers. This thing sounds wicked. Demon 750 carb. March billet serpentine pulleys. ATI super damper. Aluminum radiator. 727 trans with full forward manual VB. PTC 8 inch converter. Cheetah SCS shifter. 8.75 with 4.56 gears and Strange spool. Caltrac monoleafs. New front suspension that still needs alignment. Kelsey Hayes front disk brakes new. Basically everything on this car is new with no expense spared. I DID NOT build this car, I took it in on a local trade for a 340 Duster I had but the car had zero miles on it when I got it. I made 3 passes at our local eighth mile track on test n tune night. Absolutely no tuning on anything including the suspension. The car was spinning badly and had a terrible 1.88 best 60 foot time. It still ran 7.36 @ 96.7 MPH through the mufflers. Car will go easy 1.5's in the 60 foot time with some suspension tuning and slicks. I am very pleased considering it has a 750 carb, dual plane intake, unported heads, and a 727 trans. Port the heads, Victor 340 intake, 950 carb, and a good 904 and this car will dip way into the 6 second range and drive it to the track. I don't have a lot of pics of the car right now. Very nice car but not a perfect show car. A great cruise-in, street or strip car. Call me if interested and price is negotiable. MOPAR TRADES WELCOME!! Will trade up or down for the right car....

New (correct) Phoenix Graphix stripes since these pics were taken.

Asking $16,500 obo or trade!
Louisville, KY.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2,120
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • IMAG0234.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,491
  • IMAG0232.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,465
  • IMAG0231.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,489
  • IMAG0236.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,361
  • IMAG0235.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,547
  • 02.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,695
Is that an impossible-to-find these days Direct Connection spoiler on the back or is it made by another fiberglass company?

Clean looking Demon btw. Should sell quick at that price.

Wylde1.

Is that an impossible-to-find these days Direct Connection spoiler on the back or is it made by another fiberglass company?

Clean looking Demon btw. Should sell quick at that price.

Wylde1.
I was told it was an original DC spoiler but honestly I dont know how to tell???

Did you build that 408 at the same time Donnie built his 416? Both of you guys are having real issues with the 60' time and I suspect it probably has to do with too loose converters and the high axle ratio but what do I know?

Will that roll cage pass tech for a 6 second car? Not that it matters much cause our track doesn't seem to care much at TnT. Brackets may be different.

Gimme a call to discuss. I may come up and buy it. Chris

Chris, my car was built before Donnie's but both cars hit the track for the first time on the same night. Donnie's car has a stock leaf spring with stock shocks and spun bad with drag radials. It still spun with slicks but improved greatly. If he dont sell his car, we are going to upgrade the suspension on his to either SS springs or Caltracs this spring. My traction problems were a combination of a small 255 drag radial, no suspension tuning at all, and a track that will not hook. They dont spray the track on test n tune night. If I put a set of slicks on my car and tune the suspension in a little, my car will hook just fine. I do agree with you about the gearing though. I like a 4.10 tops because I like to drive on the street a bunch. If my car dont sell, it will have a 4.10 in it before it goes back to the track and a pair of slicks. The roll cage in my car is chromoly and has already been certified. The certification has ran out but will re-certify to 8.50 in the quarter or 150 MPH. I work third shift so sleep during the day. You can call me anytime late evening or night. I PM'd you my number. Thanks

Dave....

That makes sense. I was starting to suspect the track with those 60' times you guys are running. If I buy it sure would like it to have the 4.10 installed. I'll call tonight. Seriously interested.

I ought to bring my fish up and let you guys paint it. There is some nice paint on the threads you and Donnie have posted, including your Demon.

Wish you well with the sale. PM me if it doesn't go through. My fish goes in to the body shop Saturday.

Test drive LOL, I dont think I ever test drove an old car before I bought it. I know I never let anyone test drive before buying.

Got the fish to my shop....thing sounds like an animal!!!

404323_3248526702794_1555744027_32927037_795368503_n.jpg

429553_3248529782871_1555744027_32927039_1032780751_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back