72 Duster Instrument Cluster Chrome Look Trim

-

Paladin06

Reaction score
OK, I have some chips on chrome look trim areas of my instrument cluster. I've tried six kinds of chrome paint. Each one turned silver looking after application. Please tell me what's wrong. Yes the surface is plastic.

Thanks again

Alsa Killer Chrome is about as good s it gets in a spray can. Nothing looks like actual chrome except actual chrome.

It looks great on armrest bases and such but didn't suit me on my rallye bezel. You may be satisfied with it since a standard bezel wears much less chrome anyway. Good luck

Do it the right way...send it off to Vic at VAE Restorations. :thumleft:

http://vae-restorations.com

I just picked up my Duster instrument cluster, radio/heater bezel and glove box...and all I can say is...sweeeeeeet! :love4:

I will have to take pictures tonight...it's almost a shame to put it in the car, I will have to see how long I can keep them over the fireplace in the living room without the wife complaining.

Come on Spring Time!

Paul

Ask and you shall receive...but the pictures don't really do the chrome justice...

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I'd love to see some pics.

I will 2nd the work Vic does. He's done a 66 Barracuda dash set for me, a 65 Dart heater/AC Bezael and a 65 Valiant instrument cluster. 72DusterPaul is right - pictures just doesn't do his work justice.

Im a long ways off needing to do that part of the build, but its awfully tempting to get it done! Id have to hang it in the rec room till it goes in the car.

Im a long ways off needing to do that part of the build, but its awfully tempting to get it done! Id have to hang it in the rec room till it goes in the car.

You might have good reasons for waiting.
Keep in mind that this is a disappearing service. CV Platers, Mr G's, and others have dropped out. In fact, If something should happen to Vic ( God forbid ) or his access to facility I dont know where we will turn.

All the more reason not to wait.

I was looking for some wheel opening moldings for my Duster, evidently they were reproduced 3-5 years ago(?)...and now they are no where to be found. Of course, I only bought my car last year, so I never had the chance.

Paul

You might have good reasons for waiting.
Keep in mind that this is a disappearing service. CV Platers, Mr G's, and others have dropped out. In fact, If something should happen to Vic ( God forbid ) or his access to facility I dont know where we will turn.

I just picked up my Duster instrument cluster, radio/heater bezel and glove box...and all I can say is...sweeeeeeet! :love4:

I will have to take pictures tonight...it's almost a shame to put it in the car, I will have to see how long I can keep them over the fireplace in the living room without the wife complaining.

Come on Spring Time!

Paul

Wow and the prices are very reasonable, especially considering the quality of work.

After wasting a few $$$$$ in pain and paint, I pulled the pieces and sent them as you recommended.

Thanks

Greg

Come on Spring Time!

Paul

-
Back