72 Duster Instrument Panel Rechrome?

-

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Now that Christmas is over and the wife doesn't know I hid some cash back, Do yall have any suggestions to who would do the best job with restoring the panel, My Duster has the Ugly Non-Rallye dash, yet I love her so....

Thanks, I took a look at their site, and I am going to send it to them within the next two weeks. We will see how it turns out.

Now that Christmas is over and the wife doesn't know I hid some cash back, Do yall have any suggestions to who would do the best job with restoring the panel, My Duster has the Ugly Non-Rallye dash, yet I love her so....

Instrument specalities does a nice job..they did mine and it came out nice,,stay away from Mr G's..Instrument specalities will charge you 350.00 to redo to like new again..talk to Mike,,tell him Brian Long sent you..

6twister,
What is it about Mr G's that should be avoided? Do you have a personal experience? I've been pricing my dash rechroming and it's almost what new repro parts go for.

Thanks

Thanks, I took a look at their site, and I am going to send it to them within the next two weeks. We will see how it turns out.

Not sure if they re-do the woodgrain and other details but I would make sure it will match the other dash pieces if you aren't getting those done.

Have you thought of using bare metal? I think their was a guy on Moparts who used it.

You mean Bare Metal Foil right? I never thought of using this on plastic bezels but it should work and look pretty good. I would just be concerned how durable it would be over time. I used to use this stuff on models with great success although durability was not an issue as the models dont get handled often.

-
Back